PDA

View Full Version : Corvette T56 Calling Teetoe!

teamsleep13
12-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Knowing that tyler knows alot bout the vette t56 i need a few questions answered.

is it possible to use a conventional sbc and the vette t56 and torque tube? i really would liek to do this since its alot chepear that a hewland or weisman transaxle and with the g force kit its strong enough for me.

im thinking ill need a custom adapter plate, plus a custom crank end to match up wiht the torque tube. i know you dont make them but i prolly would have access too...just need to knwo if its at all possible

thanks

Hunter

TitoJones
12-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Anything is possible with enough money. Basicly on a C5 it has a bellhousing that attaches to the front of the tube. The tube has an input shaft and hydraulic throw-out mounted to the front that transfers power to the driveshaft through a biscuit. A steel adapter that reduces the size of a normal bellhousing to the size/bolt pattern of the torque tube could be welded on a McLeod modular bellhousing, easily mating it to a SBC/BBC.

Post some pics of what you are trying to acomplish, I'm sure there are a bunch of people interested in the project.

Tyler

brrymnvette
12-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Yes, it can be done. I've seen most guys that do it use a McLeod bellhousing.The setup is basically the same from the torque tube forward, it has an inut shaft just like any other trans would. If you go with the Vette torque tube get one from a 01 or newer. They have better couplings in the ends. Or you can get whatever year you want and buy the upgraded couplings from LG Motorsports, and heve them throw in a carbon fiber driveshaft for you. HTH, Andy