PDA

View Full Version : GT40 adventure and Ford Customer Service

Steve1968LS2
12-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Well i know its really just the Ford GT but I didnt want it confused with a Mustang ;)

The owner of my company has been gone all week because he went with his buddy to go pick up his friends new GT40... IN OHIO!! We are in CA so thats a long ass drive with a trailer.. :drive:

So the car has supposedly been done for a month and they confirmed before they left that it was being put on the trailer in Detroit and shipped to the dealer in Ohio (a three hour trip) on Monday.. So they get there Wednesday and no car.. what more the dealer or anyone at Ford will tell them where it is or give any info other than "its not here but it should be any time"...

So the dealer lets them park thier rig there and they give them so high end $50k Ford truck to drive around in while they wait (and to get them off the lot ;) ) -- They spent yesterday at the Henry Ford Museum near the Ford Proving Grounds..

So far today no car and nothing from Ford or the dealer about where it is..

The funny part is the guy spend well over $200k on the car so the dealer is making a FORTUNE in profit.. you would think they would be more forthcoming with info. Oh, and they asked for a tour of the plant where the GT's are made and Ford said no way.. :(

If you compare this to GM and the way you can arrange a museum delivery and plant tour for your new vette its a little bit sad..

Anyways.. Im just hoping they get it since that means im almost guaranteed of getting to ride in or maybe even drive it some :D

Anyone know of any production problems or hold up with the cars????

Steve1968LS2
12-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Update:

They left the truck and trailer in Ohio at the dealer and flew home. The dealer tried to get them some answers but Ford was very uncooperative.. in fact Ford would not even tell them why they could not tell them where his car was or why it was not delivered like the Ford zone manager said it would be. :pat:

Way to go Ford!! :moon:

Ralph LoGrasso
12-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Damn, that sucks. I would be very upset if I dropped 200k on a car and no one would tell me where it was. My mind would also be racing a hundred miles and hour with possible reasons for it's non-arrival.

MrQuick
12-09-2004, 06:40 PM
but not suprising, I'd bet money that they sold it to a higher bidder. Hope it works out.

Steve1968LS2
12-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Damn, that sucks. I would be very upset if I dropped 200k on a car and no one would tell me where it was. My mind would also be racing a hundred miles and hour with possible reasons for it's non-arrival.

Yea, Ford still hasn't told them squat.. his was car #300 and something and we have seen car #600 and something so we know its done..

BTW.. its a red one :)

Maybe I should go buy a lotto ticket :naughty:

Steve1968LS2
12-09-2004, 06:52 PM
but not suprising, I'd bet money that they sold it to a higher bidder. Hope it works out.

No.. the dealer was expecting it.. the problem is on Fords side.. and he already has a signed contract..

WS6
12-12-2004, 05:46 PM
any word on the car yet? thats really lame. i hope the dealership not only pays for the pane tickets home and back, but makes Ford reimburse them for doing that to a customer who came all that way.

69boo307
12-14-2004, 05:24 AM
I'd tell them to take the car and shove it up their ass... and go spend that $200k on a Ferrari

CAMAROBOY69
12-14-2004, 08:04 AM
That really does suck! 200k on a car that he still cant get. They should knock even more off the price for his inconvenience. :box:
If you do get a chance to go for a ride make sure to get videos and tons of pics!

Steve1968LS2
12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Well still no word from Ford.. the Dealer calls Ford every day and they tell them nothing..

I wonder if they made Jay Leno wait for his or kept him hanging with no info??

will69camaro
12-14-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty sure since Jay Leno got the 2nd one produced and he got it directly through Ford he didn't have to wait for it at all...

William

Raptor Pilot
12-14-2004, 07:31 PM
I hate Jay Leno. I hate how everybody knows he's a 'car guy' so they just give him stuff or let him drive pace cars,etc. I think he is a douche. That's just my opinion since he was brought up.

Back on topic- 200k and no answers? BS BS BS. He should start asking how much they are going to give him back for his inconvenience.

Bill Howell
12-15-2004, 03:30 PM
I hate Jay Leno. I hate how everybody knows he's a 'car guy' so they just give him stuff or let him drive pace cars,etc. I think he is a douche. That's just my opinion since he was brought up

Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with you Raptor. I am jealous of Jay for sure but who isn't. Imagine a garage full of whatever you want. If I get this right, take a minute and read.

Everything I read or see about Jay seems to say he is a full fledge car nut, that happens to be famous. He is very personal and knows his stuff about cars. I for one applaud him for promoting our hobby. I sorry for stealing thread guys but had to share my thoughts.

http:popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_coll_leno/2004/11/barnyard_dreams/index.phtml

Now if someone can change that to red so you can click on it! i hate being stupid :comp3:

pushrod243
12-15-2004, 04:02 PM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_coll_leno/2004/11/barnyard_dreams/index.phtml

Now if someone can change that to red so you can click on it! i hate being stupid :comp3:

try that :comp3:

Bill Howell
12-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks pushrod,
I have messed with it for 45 minutes. Then see you fixed it. I started to send smoke signals.

WS6
12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
yeah lenos a cool guy. very down to earth even though hes got loads of money and lot and lot of cars.

i think a nice little lawsuit should be in order for ford if they dont start answering up. now im not a letigeous person actually just the opposite, but when youve dropped 200k on a car and its not being delivered and your being ignored. somethign needs to be done and unfortunately going through the courts maybe the oonly way a little man can be heard and yeah hes still a little man compared to ford even if he did drop 200k on a car. theres plenty of other people willing to drop that on a gt40 why should they listen to him.

brn agn
12-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Maybe this explains some of the problem: http://www.blueovalnews.com/2004/recalls/recall.ford.gt.19dec04.htm

Martin71RS
12-21-2004, 01:37 PM
you were one step ahead of me...
http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0412/21/B02-38308.htm

Steve1968LS2
12-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Yea.. saw that yesterday.. you would think Ford could have at least informed him and he wouldnt have to hear about why his quarter million dollar car is missing from the internet ...

Quality is job 1?

WS6
12-21-2004, 04:18 PM
heard about the recall this morning. id still be pissed at how ford did nothing to give this guy some comfort or answers even

Lomonte
01-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Any Upshot to this story? I'd like to know, my blood pressure went up just reading about it.

Steve1968LS2
01-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Last I heard no car yet.. his truck and trailer is still sitting in Ohio under a snow drift (more than likely). I told the owner of my company to just buy a C6 Z06 for a 1/3rd the cost and give that GT a run for its money :D

Fawkes
01-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Now THAT's great customer service!

Restomod
01-05-2005, 05:03 PM
I am now a hardcore Ford guy but even if I could afford it I would NEVER spend that much jack on a car that is able to be bought in kit form!! I would love to buy a McLaren F1(1mill) but realisticly the 07 Cobra (if they build it) or the new C6 Vette would do nicely.

bookends
01-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Ford does very little to stand behind their products.
(I don't mean to change the thread)
The Company I work for has a fleet of ford ranger delivery trucks. The fuel sending units have leaked on many of the 02-03 trucks. Ford's excuse to us. The fuel sending units leak because we haul batteries. Battery acid drips down on the fuel tanks and corrodes the sending unit. yet all of our trucks have bed liners.
Quality is job 1

OHCbird
01-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Raptor-

I'm sure you'll feel how you feel, but I've met and talked w/ jay Leno. He really is a genuine dude- who knows how to play his cards well. He's more than just a rich guy acquiring primo toys; he's done quite a bit for or hobby (+cycles).

Any updates on this situation?