PDA

View Full Version : Now taking orders for Vintage Air Camaro Gen IV systems

ProdigyCustoms
03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
OK, we just got back from Hotrods and Restorations where we went to a couple Vintage Air seminars. We are going to Vintage Airs Dealer meeting in Texas for further education in 2 weeks. This past weekend we got a sneak peak of the new Gen IV Camaro set up. It is AWESOME! A few pics are attached.
We also firmed up our deal to do a install one of the very first units in one of our test cars. We will do the entire install and post it on the GPSuperStore.com site in our new forum section for Installs / Technical How To section where I will be doing installation stories and reviews on various products we sell.
Last, but not least, the GEN IV won best new product over $500 at the Hotrods & Restorations show.

We are taking orders starting today for 1969 Camaro Gen IV units. It looks like they will start shipping by the end of the month. I expect quite a line to form as many have been anticipating this release. We are tying up a block of units and doing a introductory pricing, so sign in now.
1967 / 1968 systems are just behind the 69s and we should be taking orders for these in a few weeks.
For pricing and to buy, e mail [email protected]
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Rubes
03-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey Frank...when your there, ask about the release date for the '61 Impala Sure fit package. Last time I talked with them they said spring '07.

ProdigyCustoms
03-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Rubes, we can put together A nice set up for that car without waiting for a sure fit. All you will have to do is make a couple brackets to mount the unit.

6'9"Witha69
03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Does this one use the cables on the controller like the Gen I system or is it elctric? I hate the one I have now.

eville
03-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Does this one use the cables on the controller like the Gen I system or is it elctric? I hate the one I have now.

ditto.

ProdigyCustoms
03-05-2007, 12:50 PM
It is all electric.

DarkoNova
03-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Will this work in a 69 Nova? I've been looking for an electric one but can't find any. :squint:

Matt

Damn True
03-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Do they have a heat only version? I'm considering going w/o AC, but still want heat and defrost.

ProdigyCustoms
03-06-2007, 03:31 PM
No heat / defrost only that I am aware of Damn.

As for fitting the Nova, maybe with some different vents, controls. The unit should fit the firewall I would think. But the official answer will be I do not know until they do a Nova kit.

KUL FIR CHICK N
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Frank. You have no idea how much I wanted to let the cat out of the bag. The most I could do was hint.

This is a really nice kit. We'll have all the Camaros (up to '76) covered within a couple of months. So far, we have '69 air and non-air, and 70-73 factory air. We're working on the remainder of the 70-76 cars, and the '67-68 just need the instructions completed.

Rubes, we have a '62 factory air car kit installed. We're bringing in a non-air '62 and hunting for a couple of '61's to verify that everything is the same. This kit should be released within a couple of months as well. The 61-62 is VERY tight under the dash. The install looks super clean.

Frank and any of our other dealers who attend the dealer meeting next week will get the full skinny on the Gen 4 systems. They're pretty slick and very versitile.

The Gen 4 systems have plate/fin evaporators, Cuprobraze heaters, temp blend doors, all electronic control, bi-level in all modes, infinately variable blower on most models, high output, light weight, NO CABLES. The Gen 4 uses the same control system technology we used on the Ford GT systems.

Magnum controls come with the same white LED backlighting we used on the Ford GT.

Ryan

Rubes
03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Rubes, we have a '62 factory air car kit installed. We're bringing in a non-air '62 and hunting for a couple of '61's to verify that everything is the same. This kit should be released within a couple of months as well. The 61-62 is VERY tight under the dash. The install looks super clean.
Thanx Ryan...I wish I was closer to let ya use my '61 non-air car.

Mkelcy
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Frank. You have no idea how much I wanted to let the cat out of the bag. The most I could do was hint.

This is a really nice kit. We'll have all the Camaros (up to '76) covered within a couple of months. So far, we have '69 air and non-air, and 70-73 factory air. We're working on the remainder of the 70-76 cars, and the '67-68 just need the instructions completed.

Frank and any of our other dealers who attend the dealer meeting next week will get the full skinny on the Gen 4 systems. They're pretty slick and very versitile.

The Gen 4 systems have plate/fin evaporators, Cuprobraze heaters, temp blend doors, all electronic control, bi-level in all modes, infinately variable blower on most models, high output, light weight, NO CABLES. The Gen 4 uses the same control system technology we used on the Ford GT systems.

Magnum controls come with the same white LED backlighting we used on the Ford GT.

Ryan

With the Gen IV system, can you simply blow outside air with the fan - that is no heat, no cooling, just ambient outside air? That's the one thing I hate about my current Sure-Fit kit - if the fan's blowing I get either heated or cooled air.

ProdigyCustoms
07-03-2007, 04:50 PM
No, there is no fresh air system.

Mkelcy
07-03-2007, 04:52 PM
No, there is no fresh air system.

What about the Gen II Compac kit? Does it allow for outside air?

ProdigyCustoms
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
No, all installations ask you to plug off you astro vents.

Mkelcy
07-03-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm not asking the question right. Can you run either the Gen II or the Gen IV, with both the heat and the cooling off and the fan on? It looks like the control for the Gen II allows you to turn off the heat and cooling seperate from the fan. Unless the Gen IV has a central "dead" zone, it looks like it is always either heating or cooling if the fan is on.

KUL FIR CHICK N
07-03-2007, 10:14 PM
You can run blower only w/o a/c or heat on all gen 2 systems and all gen 4 systems that use a four lever panel ('55-57 chev., factory air '67-69 Camaro, '68-76 'vette), but they're still recirc systems only. I don't think you'd ever want to run them that way. If you have A/C, you're gonna want to use it.

Ryan

KUL FIR CHICK N
07-03-2007, 10:17 PM
BTW, the '62 Impala (factory air) gen 4 system was just released. '62 Impala non-air is soon to follow. '70-73 Camaro non-air is days away, and so are the '74-78 non-air Camaros.

ProdigyCustoms
07-04-2007, 03:43 AM
but they're still recirc systems only. I don't think you'd ever want to run them that way. If you have A/C, you're gonna want to use it.

Ryan

Straight from the mans mouth.

Exactly what I was going to say. Thanks for helping out.

DarkoNova
07-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Any word yet on 68-74 Novas?

Matt

29od1
07-05-2007, 06:34 AM
I'm curious what are the main advantages of the Gen IV vs Gen II compac for a 1st Gen?

ProdigyCustoms
07-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Besides being a OEM quality unit designed for a $200K car (Ford GT40), the bigger evaporator, bi level control, Bolt in design, Not much, LOL!

Long story short, the Compaq Gen 2 many have used in the past has always been a bit small in a first gen car. The new Gen Iv is bigger and better in everyway. The Gen 2 is a nice system, but better suited for full on customs that there is no "bolt in kit" for, and smaller cabins like a street rod.

Modo Innovations
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I have been keeping my eye on this thread. What is the cooling capacity of the Gen IV unit verses the Sure Fit system for the 1st gen Camaro? In other words which one will cool better?

ProdigyCustoms
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
The Gen IV out blows the SureFit by a bunch. Again, bigger and better.

hotrdblder
07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
The Gen IV out blows the SureFit by a bunch. Again, bigger and better.
Do they make women like that??:headbang:

richs71Nova
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
any info on a kit for novas??? looking for a system for an original non air 71 nova, i like the oem look to that control unit!

Karch
07-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Frank,

Will the base unit work/ be sufficient in a 65 GTO that never had a/c?

Also, nice work on the corvette on V8TV!

TD509EFI
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Does the Gen IV use fresh air ( outside air) or is it still recirculation style?

John

ProdigyCustoms
07-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Karch, We can set you up with a universal gen IV system for your Goat. We just did one with a member here with a 70 Chevelle, and he LOVES IT! When your ready let us know, We have already worked out the details of what you are needing until VA makes a Bolt in kit, which will be a while yet.

We are finishing today a Gen IV in a 57 Chevy which we put a all aluminum 572. It is a black car in Florida, I will give you a full report soon as they are easily as big inside as the Goat.

And thanks for the complement on the Vette, in fact I am taking it out along with a few other Prodigy Projects cruising tomorrow night and see if I can grab a trophy or 2

John

No fresh air with any aftermarket A/C system. Every aftermarker system I have used, VA, Classic, Hot Rod, they all require blocking the Astro ventilation.

DarkoNova
07-06-2007, 07:47 PM
any info on a kit for novas??? looking for a system for an original non air 71 nova, i like the oem look to that control unit!

Bump. I figure since the Novas and Camaros are identical, it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with a kit for us Nova drivers. Or maybe even use the Camaro one, but better safe than sorry, eh?

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
07-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, most of a Camaro Kit would work in a Nova, We would just have to do it in kit form, but I can pull that off.

Karch
07-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks Frank...this is on my list of things to get...slowly, but it's coming.

DarkoNova
07-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Good to know. I'd like to get one now, but now I'm thinking of switching to a LS series motor, so I dunno what I'm gonna do.

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
07-07-2007, 01:29 PM
If you do a LS motor, you WILL NOT be able to use the stock LS1 compressor. Count on a bracket and compressor in your cost, which are included in the KIT price anyway.

DarkoNova
07-08-2007, 08:24 PM
If you do a LS motor, you WILL NOT be able to use the stock LS1 compressor. Count on a bracket and compressor in your cost, which are included in the KIT price anyway.

Dang, I thought I'd be able to save money since the motor has the compressor on it. :crying:

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I was affraid that is what you were thinking. Most do think they will be able to use it.

BlueDragon
07-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Will the new system fit a non-air 400 67 firebird?

ProdigyCustoms
07-27-2007, 07:50 PM
We have not done one is a 67 Bird yet, but I believe the only difference will be in locating the switches on the copntrol panel, and lack of bezel plate right now. however, I would expect the bezel plate at some point. Otherwise I cannot see where it would be different.

Rileys68Camaro
01-02-2008, 12:59 PM
What would it take to update my Sure Fit to the Gen IV system? Just the box or would I need a new evap/condenser/etc? Not 100% on A/C knowledge.

I'd really like the electric control for ease of use and mounting options.

Thanks for all your help!

ProdigyCustoms
01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
We have done a dozen of these. You can change the evaporator / firewall plate and controls will be modified, and are good to go. About $700 or so

Rileys68Camaro
01-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Good deal, looks like it cleans up nice too.

aany001
01-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Frank what would this kit cost me to put in my 69 camaro??? Let me know what info you need from me.I would need A/C,heat,defrost and fresh air and would like to go with the non cable type.
thanks in advance
Steve

rwhite_692
02-05-2008, 08:35 AM
One cool thing Vintage Air offers now is that, for $59, they will sell you an empty Gen IV case to use for your mockup purposes. When you are done with it, you can return it for a full credit as long as it is still in good shape. Very "Cool"!

MuscleRodz
02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
That I did not know. I am at that point on my convertible now.

Mike

6t9 337
03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Will the Gen IV work for a Firebird?

ProdigyCustoms
03-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Not with your factory control in your Firebird, but we can do a system and use the 3 knob conroller seen here

http://vintageair.com/cat2006/19.pdf

Steve1968LS2
03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Do they have a heat only version? I'm considering going w/o AC, but still want heat and defrost.

Vintage Air makes a heat only unit... BUT it won't defog the glass since it has no dehumidification device (i.e. A/C). It will knock frost off the outside of the glass, just not fog from the inside.

I was looking into this for my next project.

matty b
03-25-2008, 07:49 PM
how bout a gen 4 for us guys with early chevelles?? Cable operation is so outdated now

ProdigyCustoms
03-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I can do the Chevelles with 3 knob controllers, works killer. You can hide the controll on the lower edge of the dash if you feel the need.

racer_99
03-31-2008, 04:03 PM
can you pm me with a price on the setup for a 68 camaro and also a 72 chevelle thanks

madcarson
04-05-2008, 07:58 PM
can this kit be installed after the fenders are on ?

ProdigyCustoms
04-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Yes you can install it with the fenders on, but you will need to remove the right inner fender, or at minimum loosen and lower the rear of the inner fender for access to the heater blower motor area

DarkoNova
04-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Don't wanna nag, but what's the story on 3rd gen Novas? They're almost identical to 1st gen Camaros, so....? :dunno:

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
04-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Matt, it is only the control that is a issue. We can do a system, but it will use the billet 3 knob controller, not your factory controls.

DarkoNova
04-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Matt, it is only the control that is a issue. We can do a system, but it will use the billet 3 knob controller, not your factory controls.

Oh that's perfect then because I wasn't really a fan of the big levers that Chevy used. :yeah:

Can you pm me a price please for a 69 Nova? Thanks. :)

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
04-06-2008, 04:27 PM
No need for a PM. The kit with the billet controller is more money then the retrofit kits. The complete custom Gen IV billet switch system with compressor is $1550. This is a custom kit we put together using all VA components. We do the same thing for Chevelles, Firebirds, GTOS, etc and others with NO retro fit kit available.

DarkoNova
04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
No need for a PM. The kit with the billet controller is more money then the retrofit kits. The complete custom Gen IV billet switch system with compressor is $1550. This is a custom kit we put together using all VA components. We do the same thing for Chevelles, Firebirds, GTOS, etc and others with NO retro fit kit available.

Nice. Would anything be different since I'm running an LS1? Or not yet, but I'll probably be getting this some time soon so I can put it in with the new motor since there'll be plenty of room.

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
04-08-2008, 04:42 AM
I have bracketry for your LS1 also, no problem

DarkoNova
04-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I have bracketry for your LS1 also, no problem

Nice. I'll probably be calling or pm'ing you within the next week or two.

Matt

ProdigyCustoms
04-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Perfect

slimneverdies
04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Is there a system you sell that would cool my large boat? Its a 1969 ss impala without ac originally. Its got to blow cold because not only is it a big car but im also in Miami

TnBlkC230WZ
04-26-2008, 04:26 PM

Does this include a firewall block off plate? Also, will the compressor from the GM Serpentine accessory system on SBCs work or will I need the Sandon?

ProdigyCustoms
04-26-2008, 05:29 PM
You cannot use a variable compressor on most late model engines. No problem, we have adapter brackets so you can still run your serp set up

Chevythunder1981
05-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Prodigy...what system would you recommend/fits a 1981 Camaro? It doesn't have to be retrofit. I'm really interested in putting AC in my car since it is pretty much undriveable during the day right now (85-90 weather year-round, black car...). I would also want the Frontrunner system to go along with it. If you could, please post or PM me your parts recommendations and prices. Car has SBC in it, was factory air at one time. Thanks!

Also...I'm wondering...if I were to ever switch from the current SBC engine to an LSX, what would be needed to convert the AC system?

ProdigyCustoms
05-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Do you have a factory A/C car or No A/C car? Either way I can put together a system for your car.

Chevythunder1981
05-09-2009, 06:57 PM
It's a factory air car but the box attached to the firewall has been cut off and the compressor, lines, ect. are all gone.

Thanks!

AJSZR2326
05-14-2009, 11:58 AM
can you tell me what ill need for my 69 w/mast lsx454ho , everything you can think of pls, thx ajs

ProdigyCustoms
05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Call me, I can handle that easy

NovaMan
07-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Frank, do they have a direct fit for the 1972 Nova with factory air car? I have a LS2 and will be adding the top bracket for the compressor that comes with the kit. I would like to stop by and talk to you about all the parts I need, I will be up that way starting some gas stations bhy the middle of August,

John

ProdigyCustoms
07-22-2009, 02:29 AM
We can handle your Nova but not with a direct fit kit. But we can make it pretty close.

Come on by anytime.

SUNK69
07-30-2009, 05:08 AM
I need a price quote on a Gen IV unit for a 68 Chevelle that has factory A/C. Thanks, Scott

Carver67
07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey Frank,
I'm looking to see if you can help me with a frontrunner kit for a SBC. The problem being that I need the old kit with the long water pump. VA notes that they are still available on their site. Also looking to run PS on it. It's an original no AC car so I'll need all the trimmings. Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
-mike

***let me know if this is something better handled on the phone and I'll give you a call.

para67camaro
07-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Frank,
How does the new VA system work for a 67 camaro that is a non a/c car. Do I have to cut out the dash or is there a kit associated with it. How much would that run me to ship to Cali? One last question is there a military discount available too?

Thanks in advance,
~Tony

ProdigyCustoms
07-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Hey Frank,
I'm looking to see if you can help me with a frontrunner kit for a SBC. The problem being that I need the old kit with the long water pump. VA notes that they are still available on their site. Also looking to run PS on it. It's an original no AC car so I'll need all the trimmings. Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
-mike

***let me know if this is something better handled on the phone and I'll give you a call.

Mike, Give me a call When you say all the trimming for a Non A/C car? Are we talking front runner and A/C?

ProdigyCustoms
07-31-2009, 01:09 AM
Frank,
How does the new VA system work for a 67 camaro that is a non a/c car. Do I have to cut out the dash or is there a kit associated with it. How much would that run me to ship to Cali? One last question is there a military discount available too?

Thanks in advance,
~Tony

On the 67 only you do have to drill the holes in the dash. VA supplies vents, black plastic, but I like to use the repro factory vents. All the factory repro vent pieces run about $200 and make for a very nice look. Those vents will come from the Camaro aftermarket parts sources and we have to COPO order of sorts the A/C system to hook up

ProdigyCustoms
07-31-2009, 05:52 AM
Mike, I have all your information when you call

texasdvldog
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
any word on the military discount?? It never hurts to ask!

ProdigyCustoms
07-31-2009, 01:43 PM
We already discount our parts so deep there is not much room on parts. I do give a $10 military discount on labor in the shop. Got a guy saved $8000!

Carver67
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Frank,
I'll be calling you next week with some questions and a parts wish list.
-mike

Gandalf
05-20-2010, 11:09 AM
A couple of Gen IV questions for you Frank:

On my '69 Camaro I'm cutting out the stock dash and going with something based on a later model Camaro dash - I know you hate those Frank :-)

1 - How does the Gen IV unit mount in the car? Does it need a bracket like the DSE one for the Gen2?

2 - Can I use the later model stock dash vents? Do we need to fab our own transitions from the VA hoses?

3 - I'm running an LS7 in an AM sub. I'd like to run the compressor in the stock F-Body position down low on the passenger side. You mention we cannot use the stock compressor and bracket - will the ones you mention needing bolt up in the same location? How do they compare for size and alignment with the stock serp system?

Thanks for any clarification.
G.

dhutton
05-20-2010, 11:35 AM
3 - I'm running an LS7 in an AM sub. I'd like to run the compressor in the stock F-Body position down low on the passenger side. You mention we cannot use the stock compressor and bracket - will the ones you mention needing bolt up in the same location? How do they compare for size and alignment with the stock serp system?

Thanks for any clarification.
G.

Here's how I did it with my AME subframe starting at post 44:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/765005-lsi-69-camaro-c-mounting-problems-3.html

Gandalf
05-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Awesome - thanks for the link to the thread. Good info Don. Helpful to know it works. Looks like I need to order that VA bracket and side-exit compressor with my A/C.

ProdigyCustoms
05-21-2010, 05:22 AM
Sounds like my new tech guy Don got you handled, LOL!

If you need any more info, let me know.

Thanks Don.

dhutton
05-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Sounds like my new tech guy Don got you handled, LOL!

If you need any more info, let me know.

Thanks Don.

There are so few questions that I can answer here that I have to go around and pick the low hanging fruit and leave the tough questions for the experts like you. LOL...

ProdigyCustoms
05-21-2010, 05:40 AM
There are so few questions that I can answer here that I have to go around and pick the low hanging fruit and leave the tough questions for the experts like you. LOL...

Don't kid yourself, your threads have helped a lot of people around here.

Gandalf
05-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Any hints on those other two questions Frank?

1 - How does the Gen IV unit mount in the car? Does it need a bracket like the DSE (http://www.detroitspeed.com) one for the Gen2?

2 - Can I use the later model stock dash vents? Do we need to fab our own transitions from the VA hoses?

Thanks,
G.

ProdigyCustoms
05-21-2010, 06:21 AM
It comes with a set of brackets that use one hole on the firewall (can be modified no to use the firewall mount) and mounts to a couple other tabs under the dash. So no you do not need to buy ba mount

You can use any vent that has a 2 1/2" hose adapter. Or there are dozens of hose reducers / expanders you can get. just need more information on the vents.

AM.MSCL
05-21-2010, 08:03 AM
VA and everyone here mentions blocking off the fresh air vents in the kick panels. I am looking at going with the screamin performance speaker kick panels. Can these work together or does the VA us that area for something?
This is for a 69 Firebird that never had A/C and is going to get is someday soon!
thanks
Ray

ProdigyCustoms
05-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Michael did one at our shop with Screamin panels, i did not see how he did it but it invloved triming some metal at the top of the side panel opening.

instro84
07-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Frank, have you guys ever done a vintage air installation on a turbo buick?
thanks

ProdigyCustoms
07-19-2010, 02:02 PM
No, have not done that one yet.

instro84
07-19-2010, 02:26 PM
do you know if a vintage ait unit would work with a factory compressor? kinda limited on space to mount and aftermarket unit . thanks

ProdigyCustoms
07-19-2010, 02:40 PM
It works with the Pancake compressor. We have a hose adpter avilable just for that

instro84
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Frank, here's a pic of the factory compressor installed. if an aftermarket unit would fit in its place i'd be happy with that. So i could order a VA kit without compressor and use my factory unit if i understand you correctly?

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey frank, did you get the 67 kit of these in yet?

ProdigyCustoms
07-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Frank, here's a pic of the factory compressor installed. if an aftermarket unit would fit in its place i'd be happy with that. So i could order a VA kit without compressor and use my factory unit if i understand you correctly?

That is the pancake compressor. Yes, I can set you up compresser delete and save you some $$$$

ProdigyCustoms
07-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey frank, did you get the 67 kit of these in yet?

Yup, works right through the factory controller. Pretty slick

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-19-2010, 09:07 PM
hmmmm.........

can you pm me a price please on a whole kit?

ProdigyCustoms
07-20-2010, 03:44 AM
Using your LS7? Give me a call.

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-20-2010, 08:02 AM
yea, ill hit you up in a few..

Motown 454
07-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey Frank can you ask Michael if he has any pictures of how he did the install with the Screaming performance kick panels that you can post?
Thanks

instro84
07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Frank what would be the cost of the kit less compressor, with adapter for my pancake compress and less dash vents?
thanks

ProdigyCustoms
07-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Hey Frank can you ask Michael if he has any pictures of how he did the install with the Screaming performance kick panels that you can post?
Thanks

We let that project out the door without pictures! I wanna kick his ass!

We will be doing a couple more this month

ProdigyCustoms
07-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Frank what would be the cost of the kit less compressor, with adapter for my pancake compress and less dash vents?
thanks

$1160 for everything you need.

Motown 454
07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Sweet Thanks Frank

DarkoNova
07-27-2010, 03:44 PM
So since this kit has been out for 3 years already, is there a chance that VA is going to be coming out with a new kit any time soon? Dunno if I want to order a kit and then an updated kit comes out a month or two later. :razz:

Matt

Denvervet
07-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Frank
When running the lines behind the fender and thru the kick how are you attaching the lines to the unit. From Vintage the fittings all are 90 degree fittings to exit thru the firewall. Can these aluminum tubes be bent somewhat straight?

ProdigyCustoms
07-29-2010, 04:40 PM
So since this kit has been out for 3 years already, is there a chance that VA is going to be coming out with a new kit any time soon? Dunno if I want to order a kit and then an updated kit comes out a month or two later. :razz:

Matt

No chance of that. This question was raised at the dealer meeting this year. They are extremly satisfied with the GenIV product and are soley focused on increased Gen IV Sure Fit applications

ProdigyCustoms
07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Frank
When running the lines behind the fender and thru the kick how are you attaching the lines to the unit. From Vintage the fittings all are 90 degree fittings to exit thru the firewall. Can these aluminum tubes be bent somewhat straight?

Those fittings that point through the firewall are adapters, simply unscrew them and they will pointing right at the kick panel.

Denvervet
07-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Got it ...makes sense. Thanks

daredvl22
12-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Is there any difference in the GEN IV set up between the '67 to '69 Camaro, specifically the unit that mounts under the dash?

Thanks,

ProdigyCustoms
12-16-2010, 04:58 AM
No, the ECMs are unique to different cars, different controllers. But physically the evaporator box is the same

daredvl22
12-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Gotcha. BTW - I need to send your mock up unit back, but I can't find your address anywhere. PM so I can get it back to you. So if I get the set up for my '67, will the '69 DSE GEN IV bracket work? Or, do I go with the '69 setp? I'm using a stock dash (no Astro vents) and can route the vents anywhere.

aussietony
01-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Hi im interested in putting a gen iv system in my 69 camaro its running a ls2 its non factory air and do you post to australia?
thanks tony

ProdigyCustoms
01-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Yes sir, send quite a bit of parts to Austrilia these days.

I will need to know

Factory NON A/C or With Factory A/C?
Do you still have your original controller and want to use it?
Do you have smooth or factory firewall.
You will need our high A/C bracket option unless you are changing the front drive accesories

The free shipping will get it to your forwarder in the US or we will discount the free shipping value from your Air Freight should you decide to air freight it

You can see options here

http://www.protouringsuperstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VA964169-CMR9

aussietony
01-03-2011, 03:23 AM
Hi Frank,
Its a factory non air car.
It has the original controller but i will want to install a new one.
Factory firewall.
could you give me a quote to air freight it please.
Will i need to get a new dash pad and a centre vent assembly?
thanks

ProdigyCustoms
01-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Email me at [email protected] and give me your address and closest airport. Sometimes it is way less money to only go to the airport over going door to door.

Also, let me know in the email what you need, threads and PMs are sometime easy to miss.

aussietony
01-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey Frank did you get my email i sent you?

ProdigyCustoms
01-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Yes sir, soon as I get the air quote will let you know.

aussietony
01-28-2011, 04:58 AM
Hi Frank any news on that freight quote as yet? Thanks mate

redfire69
02-17-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi Frank,
Its a factory non air car.
It has the original controller but i will want to install a new one.
Factory firewall.
could you give me a quote to air freight it please.
Will i need to get a new dash pad and a centre vent assembly?
thanks

On the 69 non-factory air kit, according to VA, it comes with the center vent which covers where you cut out the dash pad. I have wondered if an A/C dash pad will work with this kit, anyone know?

ProdigyCustoms
02-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Yes it will work, that is the way we do most of our kits

redfire69
02-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks Frank! You da man.

aussietony
02-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Hey Frank any news on that quote to oz yet?

ProdigyCustoms
02-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Right at $500 for Air Freight Tony, OUCH!

aussietony
02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
thats not to bad frank. So how much for the whole kit for my car as per the email i sent you. do you accept visa?

dstransam1
09-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Hey Frank, What are my options on a factory air 73 Trans am 455 car, I noticed VA is not up on firebird setups for 2nd gen. Are they much different than the camaro's.

Would I have to give up the cable controls also?

Thanks, Damen

ProdigyCustoms
09-20-2011, 04:51 AM
The Camaro kit will come very close but your factory controller won;t work. You can do one of a couple things.

Leave the factory control in the dash and put a 3 knob VA controller somehwere else, either exposed or hidden. Console sorks, inside console box works?

Get a blank dash from Year One and intall your gauges and 3 knob controller

dstransam1
09-20-2011, 12:21 PM
OK, when you say the camaro kit comes very close, I am assuming there is a mod somewhere, if there is what would it be.

also, how much for the kit.

Thanks, Damen

ProdigyCustoms
09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
The Firebird and the Camaro are the same untill you get to the controller and the vents, although you should have no problem adapting to your vents.

Complete kit is $1300

aussietony
10-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Hey Frank i have been trying to call you for the last couple of days and your machine states its friday. Are you still recovering from your birthday? I will keep trying to call.
cheers mate

ProdigyCustoms
10-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Extended it a day. I am back today

SparkyRnD
10-06-2011, 06:07 AM
do they have anything that will bolt up in the 71 Cutlass? I wasn't sure if the Chevelle IV system would be a direct fit or not

ProdigyCustoms
10-06-2011, 06:10 AM
I can do a kit that will come REALLY close for the Cutlass

BulldawgMusclecars
10-06-2011, 06:15 AM
The Chevelle systems aren't a direct fit to anything but a Chevelle, but we did graft one (from Frank, I might add! Thanks!) into a '72 Buick GS a few months ago. We set it up to use the factory vents ather than the cheesy plastic ones the kit comes with. We could do the same for Sabre. It will actually be easier, since we won't have to build an A/C bracket. I bet it won't take half the time for installation that the Buick did.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/08/IMG_0955-1.jpg

SparkyRnD
10-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Very cool on both counts, and it will be something that will be good to plan out. I'll swing by the shop hopefully tomorrow or early next week and we can talk more about it. I have a feeling we will be talking to Frank shortly!

eroc022
02-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Frank how about a 79 Trans Am, original A/C car, shaved firewall, 01Vette acc, LS motor....? I know they dont have any surefit kits, and after looking at alot of the 78 Camaro kit, wont really be how I want it... dont care about the controls, just want something relatively easy to bolt in hopefully

Carter
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Well, if your looking to upgrade I would be in the market for an unwanted used unit. '