PDA

View Full Version : No more Viper t56s?

EFI69Cam
12-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Word on the street is that Daimler-Chrysler has asked Tremec to quit selling Viper t56s to the aftermarket. This is too bad as the Viper t56 is the strongest of all the versions, and also has the least distance between the mounting flange and shifter.

Tiger
12-09-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm happy I bought one about a month or so ago from D&D.
I didnt need it but I got free freight on it to Europe
Lets only hope it make the boattrip from Baltimore to Norway.... :help!:

André

quadfather
12-16-2004, 05:04 PM
just wanted to get an opinion on the richmond 6-speed , if the viper units are getting scarce, could this be an alternative? if you tried one of theese, i would like to hear you opinion.

USAZR1
12-17-2004, 04:38 PM
If I had it to do all over again,I would have went with a TKO-500 or 600,instead of the D&D Viper T56 I'm running now. Nothing against the T56 but I don't really need two overdrive gears. One would be plenty.
Another plus or minus,depending on how you look at it,is the T56 really needs a rear end ratio around 3.50 or higher,numerically.

Fluid Power
12-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Why would they want the aftermarket to stop selling the units? Can anyone open my eyes?

Darren

dennis68
12-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Because my price at work for a Viper T56 through my dealer is about 3600. You can buy then on the outside for 2500 all day. Guess who Viper customers are buying their replacements from instead of the dealer. Retail at a Dodge dealer is 4800.

I refer customers to D&D all the time.

tuff68
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
While I was talking to Tremec about what fluid to use, I asked about the future of the viper T-56. He said that they could still sell them aftermarket but without the Viper name. Look foward to some new designs coming out in the future. I don't know how long but they are definately into the after market game. Hope gives all a sigh of relief :)

Kenova
01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
..............Look foward to some new designs coming out in the future. I don't know how long but they are definately into the after market game.........
I can't believe everyone has let you away with teasing us!
Will they be stronger? More gear ratio choices? :secret: Go ahead and tell us, we can keep a secret.
Ken

EFI69Cam
01-11-2005, 03:37 PM
While I was talking to Tremec about what fluid to use, I asked about the future of the viper T-56. He said that they could still sell them aftermarket but without the Viper name. Look foward to some new designs coming out in the future. I don't know how long but they are definately into the after market game. Hope gives all a sigh of relief :)

Do you have a viper t56? What fluid did they tell you to use?

I've heard syntorq for the Viper, and Dex III atf for all others. Can I use the ATF in my Viper?

tuff68
01-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi. Im back. I had to go turn on the lights for about 100,000 people from this nasty ice storm in PA. Anyway, yes I do have A Viper T-56. As far as fluid goes, it has a sticker saying that you must use Castrol syntorq LT or you could damage the tranny. I posted a question about this titled What Fluid. You will have to go to that post because I dont know how to make a link from this page. A far as what Tremec has up there sleeve, They were saying something about building one based on the ford T-56 because it has a larger output shaft 31 spline verses 30 spline. They didn't really get into anything more specific. I guess it is all top secret. so we will all have to wait and see what comes out in hopefully the near future.

Mike