PDA

View Full Version : Sub Frame Alignment

Stu Seitz
12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
I heard a lot of people around here say that if you can’t get your car aligned correctly then check and see if your sub frame is bent or out of alignment. Well I know it’s not bent and I’m about to install solid sub frame bushings so my question is. If I install the bushing one by one will my sub frame be out of alignment? I wouldn’t think it would be, being that there is only one hole for the bolt to go through; hold the radiator supports? Am I just think way to much or is there a certain was to make sure your sub frame is aligned

baz67
12-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Now I am ASSuming your SF is square now and as long as your car does not move while you change the bushings. You could drop a plumbob from one of your lower control arm bolts and mark it on the floor. Do that on both sides at the same point. When you are done just replumbob and if they match up you are done.

Brian

gchandler
12-08-2004, 07:40 PM
you can measure the wheelbase on both sides of the car. If they are the same you are headed in the right direction.

To me it seems most important that you have the front and rear axles (I know there is not front axle, but I can't think of a word right now) parallel to each other and on the same center line.

David Sloan
12-09-2004, 04:09 AM
Stuart
There are alighment holes in the subframe to the body that they used @ the factory to set the subframe with. Find a rod that fitts the hole an get it as close as you can.
Then if you have the lower control arms on the car an the rear end in the car, you can take a tape measure from the ball joint to the rear end to make sure it is square.
I like to hook it to the grease fitting on the ball joint an go to the center pin on the rear springs to get it square. this should get it real close.
Hope this helps!

copo69
12-10-2004, 08:11 PM
if you havent already solved this problem then i can help you . where the frame bolts to the front of the lower floor board closest to the fire wall there are to holes one on each side. get a 5/8 outside dia bolt 2 of them and insert it in the holes and begin to tighten your frame down this will get you as close as can be expected . the other option is to measure the frame maybe your frame took a hit once it dosent take much to wack one of theese lil sub frames out of allingment with itsself. you can get the frame measurements from the pozzi motor sports site..