PDA

View Full Version : New member checking in.

ProRauder
03-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Was out looking for parts for my ride and stumbled across this forum. Good thing I didn't trip! (LOL!) Having just finished my ProStreet / ProTouring 03 Marauder, I hope I can contribute to your group.

As I said, my car is a Black 03 Mercury Marauder. I started with a P-1SC ProCharger with 14 lbs of boost and it put down 476 RWHP. That is, until I aired out 3 cylinders at the drag strip. So I decided to rebuild it with PS/PT'ing in mind the second time around.

It has a cast iron Cobra block, all forged internals at 9:1 and a polished 6-71 blower on top. I finished the assembly and actually got it running last October but had to put it away for the winter. In the next couple weeks it is heading over to my tuner in Rockford IL to be put on the dyno and dialed in. I did the main tuning myself and it runs strong, but without a dyno I can't finish the WOT tuning. Having drove it over to the tuner from NE IA, I still get 19+ mpg on the highway with it.

Anyway, if you have any questions, let me know!

John

Pic:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Ralph LoGrasso
03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the site, John. That is one unique (and cool) Marauder.

Tyson A
03-03-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't know what to say. I would have never of thought of that combination. Oh I got it now.

THAT IS THE SICKEST SH** I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!
Pardon my french

You must of had two maybe three screws loose when you thought that up.
By the way which screws would those be so I can loosen mine.

Jims78elky
03-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Wow!

Thats a very cool ride!

Welcome to the site!

-Jim

dhardison
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the site and WOW what a bad-a$$ ride.

ProRauder
03-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks everyone. I am now part of a group of people, much like those of you here, that are in the middle of a project or have completed one. And I can tell everyone that is still in the middle of one to keep at it. The joys of finishing and being able to jump in and drive are worth all the long hours and overcoming obstacles because nobody has ever done this or that before.

My car is no garage or trailer queen. I'll be driving the wheels off this car this year too. Maybe I'll see some of you out at shows and tours.

Cheers!

john

ProRauder
03-04-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't know what to say. I would have never of thought of that combination. Oh I got it now.

You must of had two maybe three screws loose when you thought that up.
By the way which screws would those be so I can loosen mine.

Screws? Try ALL OF THEM! I took the entire front clip apart and then the body off the frame to back-half it. It was great when there were 6 other friends there helping disassemble the car. Too bad I couldn't find then when it came time to put it all back together again. I am now certified to R&R any part on this car!

LOL!

To be honest, I think I was scarred for life when I was 7-8 and Hot Wheels cars came out. Growing up with cars that were radical and had big shiny things sticking out of the hood just ruined it for when I turned 16... Now I'm 47, having never grown up and I built that shiny hot wheels car of yesterday.

Pure joy.

:D

Cheers!

John

MrAngry
03-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Now thats something you don't see everyday... cool ride man.

Mr.VENGEANCE
03-05-2007, 08:03 AM
whoa...