PDA

View Full Version : Centerforce Dual Friction clutches?

MuscleRodz
12-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Who has the best price on these clutches? Who out there is running one and how well do you like it or would you prefer a different clutch? I am ready to buy and I need to make up my mind. Thanks

Mike

CoryM
12-08-2004, 03:21 PM
I had one in my camaro. It was a strong clutch, I never made it slip with my little 377 and sidestepping the clutch. One complaint, and a major one, is the release point changes as the rpm goes up. Fine for a drag car that you are shifting the same RPM every time, but for a cornering car I like to know exactly where my clutch is going to be at all rpm. I assume it has to do with the weights doing their job of putting more force on the clutch as the rpm goes up. Next time I buy I will try a different clutch. I may install this one in another car as it is OK, and just sitting here doing nothing but I think there is a better option out there.
Good Luck.

dhardison
12-08-2004, 04:42 PM
I have a Centerforce DF behind my LS7 454 (~525hp @ the flywheel). It has held up nicely so far and that includes some decent drag strip thrashing. I picked mine up @ Jeg's, but then again I was an employee at the time. (man I miss that employee discount.....)

Dan

CAMAROBOY69
12-08-2004, 04:58 PM
I am currently running the Dual Friction Centerforce clutch and the Centerforce flywheel, no complaints at all so far. I bought mine thru Summit. Probably should have shopped around for better prices but they are so fast and so great to deal with. :)

64LS1Nova
12-28-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm using one too. works great so far. I have cut a few 1.45 60ft times with it so I'm impressed. About the engagement point changing, I have heard that people cut off the weight's to fix that problem, but I have never done it. Decent clutch for the $

Frank