PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Superspeedway Event-Memorial Day

Bill Howell
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I have been in touch with one of the organizers of an upcoming event by the Music City Mustang Club at Nashville Superspeedway and want to incourage all of those that can to plan to attend. It is Memorial Day weekend and for now is a two day event-Friday and Saturday. If there is enough interest, Sunday can be added.
This is a track event, with real track time on a road course, not an Autocross. There will be more than one car on the track at one time and the participants will be divided into groups based on experience and training.
The cost is $135 per day and an additional $50 if you want your own garage space. If there is enough participation I will rent acouple garage spaces so we will have a place to hang out both days. They are limiting the two day deal to 100 cars. Everyone is welcome, you don't have to be a Mustang, but you will have to pass inspection to participate.
Please let me know if there is any real interest here ASAP so we can make the appropriate arrangements. This should be a great event and will not be for posers. Enough talk, let's race.

Bill Howell
03-01-2007, 05:18 AM
No one interested?

vintageracer
03-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Sure, I'll be there after all I told you about it!

Bill Howell
03-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Well, I figured you were in, just did not know which car you would own/bring that far off......hehe
Thanks for the heads up, maybe we can do an event there on our own.

Finch
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I highly recommend this....I attended a similar event last year and took my car on the road course in Nashville. Depending on where they have you entering turn 3 & 4 makes for some high speed down the front stretch. If they keep you on the flat inner road you can get a nice 4 wheel slide up the exit of turn 4 and hit the 130 to 140 mark before getting on the brakes hard diving to the infield at turn 1. If they enter along the back stretch at turn 4 then you will find your cars limit by turn 1. This plus 20 other cars on the track at once makes for some great times. We went out for 30 minute sessions and I was tired by the end of 1 session. 4 sessions in the same day and you get the picture.

You will need new rubber after this kind of driving.

vintageracer
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
This event is well run with LOT'S of track time. If you are near Nashville or are willing to travel for track time, you will LOVE this event!

We will call the event "The Run of the Rednecks"! We will let Bill "Run to the Hills". There is adequate/cheap housing available in Lebanon, Tn which is 10 miles away. There is also Saturday night drag racing at Music City Raceway on Saturday night when you have finished the road course.

You WILL GET LOT'S OF TRACK TIME for your $135.00 per day entry at this event. Look at this event as the replacement for the 411 autocross in March that was canceled when 411 Raceway went to dirt. This driving event is much more fun, much faster, much more track time AND there are other cars to PASS!

See you in Nashville!

ullose2
03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Heck yes!!!

You can definately count in me and the Chevelle, Steven and the vette, and Jeremy and his mustang. We are in cookeville Bill so its not far at all for us. ive been waiting for an even in Nashville like this. I hope they dont mind an obnoxious chevy too much. Do you know how many cars could be kept in a garage space. Is three too many? Also, is there a link or something for further info on this event.

Thanks alot for the heads up Bill. I am really looking forward to this. Also looking forward to 411 this weekend too.

Heath

vintageracer
03-02-2007, 05:28 AM
You can fit 2 medium size cars in a garage space with a little work.

71dusterdan
03-02-2007, 04:08 PM
my dad lives down there and it would be a great excuse to see him but not get stuck with him. my car will not be ready but would love to hang out and help with the breakdown repairs. Dan

Finch
03-09-2007, 05:59 PM
I am in for Friday...heading to Dale Hollow lake right after so Sat is out for me.

I live 10 miles from the track so my shop (With Lift) and my tools are available to help out if needed.

Salt Racer
03-10-2007, 01:52 PM
...This should be a great event and will not be for posers. Enough talk, let's race.

Has the world come to an end?

Just stopping by. I saw Bill promoting a track event and just had to make a comment. Good for you, Bill.

Back to my hole.

Bill Howell
03-10-2007, 04:13 PM
HAHA Katz, you have been gone too long my friend. You should have been here last week when I had the malibu on the track, backwards, but on the track.
Come back more often.

Dan Sherwood
03-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Doing a road course and being able to drag race afterwards intersts me ALOT!
I would have to trailer my car out from Az. Is there room to park a truck/trailer/car at the track?
This event vs the one in Sept.? hmmn