PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen dash swap DETAILS DETAILS

toofun
12-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Ok,

I know some of you have done this swap. I have just gotten my hands on a really nice 96 trans dash and console and am looking for as much info as I can get on how this swap was done. Pictures, step by step instructions,things to look out for, how you adapted the heater controls, how you adapted the head light controls as well as the wiper blade switch. Everything and anything you can give to help with the swap would be appreciated. Also if there was any metal or duct work to be removed or moved. Please, I know I am not the only one who is looking for this info so if you have it, give it up. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Mark
Toofun.

Raptor Pilot
12-08-2004, 02:35 PM
What are you putting this into? I can give you some links to sites/articles where poepl have completed this swap into 3rd gens if that would be of any hlep at all to you. Let me know. :)

CAMAROBOY69
12-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I have not completed my dash yet but I think I gave you a lot of detail when you e-mailed me. If your the one who e-mailed me about it.
Console was about as easy as it gets.
Dash brackets I made myself. A LOT of mock ups. Then I designed the brackets, cut them out and welded them into the car. Perfect fit. Width is perfect on 1st gen Firebirds and Camaros. Depth is the fun part. I cut my old dash out and removed almost all the wiring.

pushrod243
12-08-2004, 05:34 PM
I hijacked this picture i saw of a car on ebay. It was a 67 Chevelle i think but the interior looks like late model firebird. It looks great. If i only had the courage to do mine. :rolleyes:

CAMAROBOY69
12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I think I remember that Chevelle. Was it a 65 or somewhere around that year? I remember it well because he had it listed as a Camaro dash and I informed him it was a Trans Am dash. I think it is a Camaro steering wheel.

derekf
12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
It was a 65.

I saved the pics from the auction too, but I didn't ask for any additional details from the seller.

The dash sure did look like it fit well though.

toofun
12-09-2004, 03:11 AM
Hey Raptor, would love any info you could pass my way. It is going into a first gen camaro. I guess the main thing I am worried about is how to make the necessaties work with this dash,like getting my heater controls and headlights to fit into this scheme. Seems like a big project but have all winter in new england to do it so I am going to go for it. Any pics, articles, tips you or anyone else would have would be great. CAMAROBOY, Never emailed me any info relating to this. If you have any pics, or tips ANYTHING, Please send them to me at [email protected]

Thanks
mark
Toofun

CAMAROBOY69
12-09-2004, 05:27 AM
toofun,
I get at least 1 e-mail a week about my dash, lowering the car, seats, seatbelts, tranny, or just about anything. (Which I don't mind)
I was pretty sure I sent you information but if you didn't get it I am sorry. I don't really know how else I can help you. There are some pics on my website too.

johnejohn
07-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Hey guys I am new to the forum, which found on a Google search looking for details on a dash swap in a 68 Camaro. I had seen it done on a 68 firebird on EBay and just picked up a 2002 Firebird dash at a swap meet here in California. I think I have read all of the posts on the forum, If anyone could send me any info they have on the swap it would be really cool, especially photos. I also checked out Camaroboy69's web page, and it is just awsome.

Thanks, John