PDA

View Full Version : Delphi Electronics MEFI4 InGenius software

BrianP
02-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Who makes the InGenius Software for programming the Delphi Electronics MEFI4 ECU? This is the ECU used in the chevy ramjet engines. Does anyone have knowledge and/or experience with this setup? I like the idea of this setup because of its compactness and ability to be mounted on the engine.

It is sold by:

Arizona Speed and Marine http://www.azspeed.com/inmaso.html

MSD Ignition: It was discussed in the Hot Rod magazine Mark Steilow article about swapping a LS7 into a 1st gen Camaro I couldn’t find it find it on their web site.

UMI Racing: http://www.umiracing.com/gallery/Images/Catalog.pdf (http://www.umiracing.com/gallery/Images/Catalog.pdf)

Thanks,
Brian

tomspo04
02-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Brian, I called AZ S&M today. It seems that the GMPP 502 RJ's MEFI 4 ECU's com in two versions; the MEFI 4A and the MEFI 4B. From what I understand from my conversation with Ben the automotive crate engines came with version "A", which is not supported by MSD's new software package. Does anyone know anything different?

Tom

pist0lpete
02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
I had the same trouble finding info on MSD's site. It seemed very interesting especially when coupled with the electronic dash they used in Hot Rod.

ss dave
02-28-2007, 07:15 AM
I talked with a MSD rep, the MEI4 that was in the Hot Rod article won't be available until summer.

chicane67
03-02-2007, 08:39 PM
It was discussed in the Hot Rod magazine Mark Steilow article about swapping a LS7 into a 1st gen Camaro I couldn’t find it find it on their web site.

Who makes the InGenius Software for programming the Delphi Electronics MEFI4 ECU?

It is not MSD's product... that is why you cant find it on their site. They are under a fledgling purchase agreement, like is ASM for the product and they will put their own name on it in the future... but the products in question are currently from UMI. Its kind of like a 'cat out of the bag' advertising plug for MSD who will be marketing this system with their name on it in the near future... and Mark just happend to be an excellent front and well recognized face in the industry to sell it to the public.

I believe that GMPP utilizes the 4A, while I know that the aftermarket and high end engine builder's use the 4B.

I do know however, that the cat that wrote the software worked for GM under an internship a few years back and now heads the department at UMI. He and the president of GM's engine development farm, Katech Engine Development, are long time friends and worked at GM together... long story short, both companies use the MEFI 4B... with great success I might add.

Its the only thing I would use.

PhillipM
03-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I do know that getting a hold of the software is easy.. its just getting it unlocked to allow usage to other ecm's that is the problem.

Jim Nilsen
04-05-2007, 07:04 AM
I was told 2 to 3 months and we will be good to go with the new setup and it will be available though any MSD dealer. This also will make it so that you will also be able to buy Racepac products over the counter with them , something you couldn't do before.

It will be interesting to see if it hits the streets by July. It is going to be a sweet setup worth waiting for. I was also told that it uses all GM sensors and connectors so it will work with all of my Accel pieces.

If anyone hears of a place to get this sooner let me know?

Maybe we should see if we can get a group purchase going?

You can now see it in a pic at MSD's website

EFI69Cam
04-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Why would you want to give up the ability to tune on the fly?

I got rid of the MEFI 3 for that reason. The aftermarket ECMs are much easier to tune.

Samckitt
04-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I bet the MEFI4b is available here where I work. Delphi E&S (Fomerly Delco Electronics)..... :-)

I'll have to look around.

Jim Nilsen
04-06-2007, 04:31 AM
The guy I talked to said the new MEFI4 will be able to be tuned on the fly and is easier to understand how in the program. It is the next step and is going to raise the bar for the others to meet. It will be a very simple install and has more info available to you if you want to spend more money to get it. You will be able to get info from sensors that F1 teams are able to get if you want. 21 sensors will get you a lot of info :revto9k:

Mark Stielow installed it in his CamaroX car and maybe we will get lucky enough to have him fill us in on how good it really is.

I have been holding off to buy my Racepac gauges for over 8 months and now I am glad I did. 3 more months to go at the most I hope:fingersx:

musclepro
04-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I bought the ingenius software from Arizona speed and marine. I would buy the software buy not from ASM. They screwed up my order and I have been waiting since late FEB for all the resolutions.

The ingenius software is really nice. you can do stuff you can't do with the stock Ramjet MEFI4. like run your cooling fans and use a wide band O2 sensor.

ASM sells version 2.1 MSD has version 2.2 on their website. you can download it but don't bother as you need the usb key to open the software.

MSD has many features the eclipse Arizona Speed and Marine. the downside is it is not going to be release until some time in June.

check it out at http://www.msdfuelinjection.com/

DB

:spank2: