PDA

View Full Version : new tool for testing!

gmachinz
12-07-2004, 08:26 PM
I can't help it-I like looking for something I don't know if I'll ever need but would like to have anyway only because I haven't seen it before, know what I mean? I seen an amp/multimeter probe in my local auto parts store today and I just had to have it. It's made by Actron #CP7685 and cost around $100. This deal was especially good because it was on clearance for 1/2 price! It differs from my other multimeters because this thing can measure amperage up to 600 amps! I had fun today-I measured amp draw on my blower motor, wiper motor, headlights, electric fan, etc. What a great tool-everyone who does not have one NEEDS to get one!!! This thing is very handy when it comes time to wire aftermarket accessories like water pumps, fans, etc. You can try various gauges of wiring and measure voltage drop, amp draw, ohms of resistance, etc. I just though I would share the fun I've had the last couple of days with ya'll! -Jabin

dennis68
12-07-2004, 09:19 PM
I just use my roll of 10 ga. wound 10X with alligators on either end and an old vat-40, works great and accurate to about 10milliamps. Won't measure up to 600amps though, what is the +/- variation on that tool.

gmachinz
12-08-2004, 06:42 AM
For AC/DC voltage it is accurate to +/- 1.2% @ 600v and +/- 2% @ 600a for AC/DC current draw. It has options for temp. probes, tach leads, etc. but a lot of that stuff I have in my stereo/wiring supplies anyway. This amp probe has a hall effect type current sensor witha sampling time of .35 seconds so it displays current in decent real-time-fastest I could find anyway. -Jabin