PDA

View Full Version : Rides tonight.

MuscleRodz
12-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Who caught Rides tonight about Foose and the XLR? Did anybody notice who his new painter was? :secret: He affectionatley mentioned that he used to work for "ANOTHER" shop in CA. :lmao: What is funny to me is that he jumped from one frying pan that gave him no time to do his part into a frydaddy with a guy that seems to never sleep!

Mike

68LSS1
12-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Saw that. Good for Charlie. I'd work for Foose any day. Probably couldn't pay me enough to work for the Dwayne/Boyd combo.

DanT69
12-07-2004, 10:20 PM
I watched rides and it took me a minute to realize who he was. On an interesting side note in one seen it seems that not only had Charlie Hutton left, but took with him the one guy who they called beatle bailey? I guess working for boyd isnt all that glamorous. Though given the chance to work with Foose I dont think I would turn it down.

socalfandabodys
12-07-2004, 11:01 PM
It looks like Foose actually got not two but three of boyds workers. Theres Charlie,Beatle Baley and another kid. He's the youngest one that was working in the body shop at boyds shop. On a different note that xlr has a really nice under cariiage. I also really dug the black paint with the stainless top. Just like a 57 caddy.

Milow68
12-07-2004, 11:06 PM
I thought I knew who that "kid" was! Good catch socal. I am glad to see those guys go to Foose. I know working for foose at least the boss will be knees deep along side you. :cool:
Brad

TonyL
12-07-2004, 11:20 PM
loved it as well. Foose is my favorite designer. He's never made a car or wheel design i dont like. Those guys who left Boyd made the right choice, foose is the street rod builder of the present and future.

trapin
12-08-2004, 05:42 AM
I'm surprised that TLC showed that episode before the AHR episode that would show them leaving. Kinda gives it away. They should have waited for the AHR episode with Charlie and them leaving before showing the Rides XLR episode.

malibu9in
12-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Well you all know that Foose worked for Boyd along time ago when he got out of art school.

Air Daddy
12-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Well you all know that Foose worked for Boyd along time ago when he got out of art school.

Seems a lot of good people have had their day at Boyds.
Alan Budnik is another that comes to mind.

Raptor Pilot
12-08-2004, 02:28 PM
I liked the part where Foose got to talk about his family, and even choked up when talking about being there for his 5 yr old son at halloween this year. Great to see that he wants to be a good father/family man as much as he wants to be a great designer/builder. I liekd him before, and I liked him even more after I saw that. Good guy.

Ralph LoGrasso
12-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Charlie leaving really has to put a hurt on Boyd. He was probably one of the most talented, if not the most talented employee that Boyd had from what I've seen of the show. I'm glad to see him working for Foose. Foose really seems like a great all around guy and is probably an easy guy to work for.