PDA

View Full Version : carb madness

68BNUT
12-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Ok I am at my wits end I have never had so much carb trouble in my life.... Ive got a 68 camaro with a very mild 350 with headers and thats about it. My problem is when I bought the car it had an old Q-jet that was constantly leaking down flooding the engine, So I bought a jet performance stage 2 Q-jet well it never would run right Jet told me that it was to much carb for my engine, So I borrow a buddys 600 edelbrok he had laying around well now when I TRY and start it up it just flows gas out the over flows on each side. Thinking maybe Someone before me had put some kinda high flow fuel pump on it I just went and got a stock pump and guess what same thing!! I just replaced the tank and sending unit about 8 months ago I do have and inline filter after the pump Any Ideas would be greatly apreciated :help!:

David Pozzi
12-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Do you have an in-line filter?
I'm thinking you might have rust or dirt in the tank and it's getting stuck in the needle valve.

bbc427
12-07-2004, 08:58 PM
:drool:
I wish I was working on my car that much; just kidding.
I don't have a Q-jet but find out if there is a way to adjust the fuel level in the fuel bowl. I'm sure that the edelbrock has some sort of adjustment to it. Call JET up and ask if there is an adjustment.
The only other thing I could think of is to find a regulator that is known to work, one off a friends car, and put that inline between the carb and the pump. A good regulator will only flow fuel at a certian PSI, if the needle valves of the carbs are good then fuel should stop when it gets to the proper level.
One more thought, check to see if the floats are still good, no amount of adjustment will work if the floats are filled with fuel.
Good luck.
Eric

68BNUT
12-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Yeah I do have one of those clear inline filters after the pump. Also edelbrok carbs dont have float adjustments. Jet performance ran me through all the adjustments on the carb then told me to send it back and they would re adjust it since its for a 400 hp engine or more But that was cause I couldnt ever get it to lean out.

68BNUT
12-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Found my problem im just doomed with carbs I guess one of the floats was full of gass!!! :hand: