PDA

View Full Version : LT1 Fuel Rail Fittings (from old site)

derekf
08-17-2004, 06:52 AM
ZoomieRugby03
(3/6/02 12:47 pm)
Reply LT1 Fuel Rail Fittings!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there is any of you doing a LT1 Swap, here are some fitting where you can stick -06 AN lines into the fuel rails, so you don't have to weld a fitting onto the rail or anything. I just ordered a pair, and I'll tell ya'll how they turn out if you care to know.

http://www.performanceplumbing.com/New_Products.html (bad link corrected)

SteveN 69 69 69
(3/7/02 12:24 am)
Re: LT1 Fuel Rail Fittings!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
looks cool, let me know how they fit, I have my rails off and was just about to do a little cuttin' and welding, but those look kinda nice.
Steve N
69 Camaro RS , Hugger Orange , LT1/T56 , Chassisworks NoFab clip
http://home.earthlink.net/~stevedeez/

95LT1in71Nova
(3/7/02 10:12 pm)
Reply Details please
I too would like to know how they work. Any info would be great as I planned on cutting and welding too. I did order a pair of stainless lines with -6 ends from street & perf but at $150 I sent them back as they were not worth it.

Jon

95LT1in71Nova
(3/26/02 7:08 pm)
Reply Get em yet?
Just wondering if you got and installed your fuel rail fittings yet.

Jon

ZoomieRugby03
(4/3/02 7:16 pm)
Reply Re: Get em yet?
No not yet sorry, there were some delays in getting my engine to me so I haven't been able to try them out. I did get the fittings in, and they look like quality pieces of work. Sorry for it taking so long, I'll keep you updated when I get them on.

95LT1in71Nova
(4/4/02 10:26 pm)
Reply I got mine
I ordered a set, great poeple to talk to, very helpful. I also added #5100 for the fuel filter to use a common GM 481 filter. I installed the ones near the fuel rail in about 2 minutes including taking pictures. They seem to be great. You can even reuse the little rubber covers that are on the lines.

Jon

Monza Mike
(5/7/02 7:15 am)
Reply Re: LT1 Fuel Rail Fittings!!
When I try to click on the above site it say's page unavilable?
Never Trust a Junkie!

Rene Kooger
(5/7/02 1:20 pm)
Re: LT1 Fuel Rail Fittings!!
Try,

http://www.performanceplumbing.com/New_Products.html

Rene

ZoomieRugby03
(7/3/02 3:43 pm)
Reply Re: LT1 Fuel Rail Fittings!!
Well I finally got the little suckers on my engine and got it cranked up. So far, working awsome...no leaks...no problems. Just make sure you don't confuse the feed and return lines and wonder why your engine isn't turning over...I'v just "heard" of people doing that.

-Ryan Faucheux

95LT1in71Nova
(7/8/02 10:25 pm)
Reply LT1 computer
I am currently sorting out my wiring harness, then the fuel system and exhaust (darn neighbors) then I should be ready to test fire it.
Did you do anything with your wiring or computer or harness or have that all done by someone?
What did you end up doing for headers & O2 sensors?

Jon
ww.lt1nova.com

ZoomieRugby03
(7/9/02 2:50 pm)
Reply Re: LT1 computer
I actually had it all done for me by John Spears from Speartech. If I was at home I would scan the wiring diagram and send it to you, but I'm at college about half way across the US. If you need any specific shots of the engine, maybe to help you sort out wiring I could see if my folks could take some shots for you. Sorry I couldn't really help you. Too bad for the neighbors, it does sound SWEET with straight headers.

- Ryan

Unregistered User
(11/29/02 10:52 am)
Reply re
Which kit are you referring to, the 5640? How much was it and is it still working fine? Thanks,
Jeff H.

kylewo0
Unregistered User
(5/6/03 7:44 am)
Reply dd
Hey guys,
Wanted to ask what you all thought about this,
Ive got a lt1 in my 69, I had the wireing done from my pops friend-big mistake. I think i could of done a better job. My car is running ****ty after having it for about a year. I think it could be from the way the wires are ran considering the ones below my headers, i think they read the water temp or som, were allready getting extreme heat so i rerouted them. Another thing is that I had this computer chip read because the check engine light was on and I was told that there was no signal.... So I do not know what to do.... what should my 1st step be? I was cosidering purchasing a new wire harness, Maybe even re wire the whole car together.!! Anyone with experince in this kind of stuff.
Please help!!!

69lt4
(5/14/04 3:49 am)
Reply Any pistures
Anyone have pictures of how they routed their fuel lines? I'm starting to look at how to route the lines. My fuel line connectors (LT4 engine) sticks out to-wards the passenger side from the rail.
Thanks,
Kevin

95LT1in71Nova
(5/16/04 4:04 pm)
Reply Fuel Lines
I ran mine up the driver's side frame rails and subfame connector.

Pics can be seen on my website. www.lt1nova.com

Edited by: 95LT1in71Nova at: 5/16/04 4:06 pm

Xlerator
(5/18/04 9:24 pm)
Reply How I plumbed my fuel lines!
I wish I could post my pics, can someone host them for me?? I used my hard lines , cut them short, bent them at a 90 up the firewall, made some steel braided lines for supply and return. On the fuel rails, I used the existing hard lines from the rear of the fuel rails, bent them and moved the regulator around so they are both pointed towards the center of the firewall, I am quite impressed with it!! Can someone host these photos for me??

95LT1in71Nova
(5/20/04 4:36 pm)
Re: How I plumbed my fuel lines!
Email me the pics and I will put then on my site and email you a link.

[email protected]
Jon
www.lt1nova.com

Xlerator
(5/20/04 8:44 pm)
Reply Thanks!
95LT1in71nova, you have mail. Thanks for the help!

69lt4
(5/21/04 9:48 am)
Reply Attach to fuel rails
I was going to try and use the original hard lines out of the fuel rail with the regulator, but they exit the passenger side up high. I'm not sure if I would be able to try and hide them. Pretty tight bend to go back behind the intake. I saw the S&P adapters 95lt1in71Nova has.
I'm leaning towards removing the hard lines from the fuel rails and welding some AN fittings on. Run flex lines to a regulator (probably mount to back side of intake), then flex line over to the frame where I will run hard line down the length of the frame towards the rear of the car. Flex line to the tank.
Any thoughts.

Xlerator
(5/21/04 9:10 pm)
Reply How I plumbed my LT1
By rotating the stock regulator and bending some lines I was able to get both hard lines pointing toward the firewall.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

SteveN 69 69 69
(5/21/04 11:07 pm)
How I plumbed my LT1
I cut off the stock lines, and welded -8 an bungs to the rails. I ran new 1/2" hard lines along the same route as stock, with -8 a.n. braided lines running to the tank,and to the rails,off the hard line. I used an Aeromotive filter at the tank, and an Aeromotive regulator on the return line, on the inner fender. BUT... , I have not ran the engine yet, so this is still experimental, but the theory seems sound. follow me at your own risk.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/medium-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/medium-2.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/medium-3.jpg

Steve N
www.pbase.com/steven69/69camaro

95LT1in71Nova
(5/22/04 9:31 am)
Re: How I plumbed my LT1
Steve - You have done what I wanted to do but I could not find anyone that had actually done it themselves. It sounds easy in theory to cut off the old and weld on the AN's, was it? I just don't want a surprise hiding behind the inlet side.

69LT4 - My fittings are from Pure Choice not S&P. I tried S&P lines but I did not like them. You have to cut the original line and use a compression fitting to attach their stainless line which had an AN fitting on the other end. I thought they we overpriced and it looked like they would have interfered with my heater box.

I also got my fuel filter adapter fittings from Pure Choice so I can use a 481 filter. I have a high flow Holley in tank pump.

For what it is worth I am running -6 from the tank to the intake on both feed and return.

Jon
www.lt1nova.com

SteveN 69 69 69
(5/22/04 8:20 pm)
Re: How I plumbed my LT1
yeah , it was easy, i just ground off the pinched over edge, and the tube slid right out, then I cut it smooth with a cutoff saw, and cut the return side to match the length ( it was a little longer).
I just was out with some guys testing a $ 200K truggy (truck/buggy) that was prepping for the Baja 500, and they were using the same fuel system setup, on their 600hp LS1, so I think it'll work , except they had twin a1000 pumps, and -10a.n. line , everything else was the same as I'm using.
Steve N
www.pbase.com/steven69/69camaro

JohnUlaszek
(7/16/04 5:58 am)
Reply Fuel Rails
I covered cutting off the ends of the LT1's fuel rails and welding on AN fittings in GM Hi-Tech a couple of months ago. I also discussed the fittings from purechoice, another good option.

I used a dremel and a belt sander to cut the ends off the rails and I conned John Parsons into TIG welding the AN fittings to the ends of the rails.

JohnUlaszek
(8/4/04 5:11 pm)
Reply .
The article is posted now, this might help some of you guys.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0409htp_snow/

buildit
(8/6/04 3:07 pm)
Reply lt1
I used 92 Vette set up which for some reason was super easy deal. Engine came with orig factory braided to hard line which I simply cut of ends and used AN pipe to pipe fittings with a union. The rails had factory quick connects. Godman also sells factory connects to AN. Not sure but I would think Vette rails would be quick swap. They exit on passenger side also.