PDA

View Full Version : Master Cylinder question for PBR calipers

George
12-07-2004, 07:36 PM
If you guys have been on here a while you might remeber me, it's been a couple years (I had to re-register). I am finishing college this winter and finally getting back to work on the firebird.

Anyway, Ive got front C5 calipers with 4th gen rotors w/ tylers brackets and rear C4 discs and calipers on my 67 firebird. I am currently running the 4th gen master with the stock booster. The pedal effort seems to be more than necasary. I think this is in part to not getting enough vaccum though.

Is the S10 master still the way to go? have there been other master's that are found to provide a better feel. I have been thinking about trying to lower the pushrod hole on the pedal to get more leverage to see if that will help. Im still running open headers so I havent gone out on a full test of the brakes yet, but I know they work.

ANyway, Im sure this topic is done to death, Im not used to the new forum setup yet. thanks in advance.

68BNUT
12-07-2004, 07:45 PM
I have the willwood 12" fronts with the 4th gen rears on my 68 I did look at the c5 conversion and the 1 1/8 master cylinder from the early model corvettes was the master cylinder I was told to get no matter wich set I chose. Thats what im running now and it works fine

George
12-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Are you running power brakes? Is that a quik take up master, or could I use any 1 1/8" master? Thanks for the reply

68BNUT
12-07-2004, 08:24 PM
I am running power brakes with an 11" booster Im not sure if its a quick take up mc?? You could probably call dean at hot rod heaven and ask him. Now that I re read your first post my brake pedal does some seem a bit stiff compared to my truck with 4 wheel discs

Rick Dorion
12-08-2004, 05:27 AM
I'm running the C4 calipers and 13" rotors in manual mode with a 15/16" Malibu MC. I found that pad choice makes a big difference. I first used Performance Friction and had a rock hard pedal. I went to Hawk HP Plus and the pedal effort is nice. I'm still going to a hydroboost this winter, though.