PDA

View Full Version : Performance Trends Users

pav8427
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm getting ready to download the PT demo and am wondering if anyone can offer any tips or tricks.
From posts that I have read in the past, it works even after the 10 days are up. Only your unable to print results. Is that still the case?
Also, what would be a reasonable amount of dive and roll that person would see on a typical muscle car.
Would it be good to test for maybe a degree or two more when running the PT program?
Any other info that I should have figured out prior to getting the demo? I have plotted all my dimensions the best I could in Solidworks and should be good to go as far as pick up points and other mount locations.
I would like to have a heads up so I can utilize it to the fullest.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Doug

Marcus SC&C
02-23-2007, 08:56 AM
We typically use 1" dive and 2* roll as a default standard for comparison. A dead stock vintage muscle car could easily see twice that. If you use 2"/4* though the roll center of most muscle cars will shoot right off the screen and the geometry will look rather ...alarming. There`s no real "standard" per se but I know a lot of suspension designers use 1"/2*. Use it to point you in the right direction but be sure to check the dynamics throughout the whole range also. When you enter data for the suspension (not steering) just do one side then use the "copy right side to left side" function to save you some time. Save the data often and make notes on what changes you made for each one. It`s easy to forget if you moved that pickup point .215" on this one or the last one, and was it up or...down. Until you get used to entering data recheck the points that you don`t intend to change. Hitting "enter" at the wrong time can transpose numbers. Just take your time and you shouldn`t have any problems with it,it`s pretty user friendly. Mark SC&C

pav8427
03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
I have the demo now and have a quiz for you seasoned users out there. I'm in the learning phase and for now it looks fairly easy to use .
The one thing I have noticed is that when I copy left-right, alot of my dimensions get changed. If I go back and change them 2,3 or 4 times they eventually don't change. This has happened when I have tried the optimize mode also. Again I havent used it much and am learning. Is this normal?(not the learning part,the dimensions changing)
Any other quirks I should be aware of?

Thanks, Doug

pav8427
03-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I have the demo now and have a quiz for you seasoned users out there. I'm in the learning phase and for now it looks fairly easy to use .
The one thing I have noticed is that when I copy left-right, alot of my dimensions get changed. If I go back and change them 2,3 or 4 times the eventually don't change. This has happened when I have tried the optimize mode also. Again I havent used it much and am learning. Is this normal?(not the learning part,the dimensions changing)
Any other quirks I should be aware of?

Thanks, Doug