PDA

View Full Version : PINKS!@ The ROCK

Tucks69
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
My wife brought home the 2007 Rockingham Dragway Race schedule. The track owner (Steve Earwood) told her that PINKS! was coming to his Dragway April 7-8. I know some people don't care for the show, but I thought it would be fun to see it in person. I think Steve is going to have a drag racing event same weekend. I will get more details later and post them. So if you are around the Rockingham NC area it might be an entertaining weekend. Here is the track website www.rockinghamdragway.com (http://www.rockinghamdragway.com)

Mike

scogin918
02-22-2007, 03:14 AM
I don't think I'll make it but Rockingham is one of my favorite dragstrips of all time. Much better than Commerce. I remember when they used to have the Winston and when the whole "Fastest Street Car" was starting out. I remember meeting Rod Saboury and Dyno Don Nicholson at the Hampton Inn at Southern Pines. There was also this great family resteraunt that we found by accident one night and it was packed. And don't forget Pure Gold either.

Tucks69
02-22-2007, 03:59 PM
The track is only 4 miles from my house. I can sit on my back porch during the IHRA National Events and hear the whole thing! I will go and check Pinks out and see how much it changes from track to TV. A guy I work with said his brotherinlaw just got his rig back from Trick My Truck. He said they had it almost 5 months. Most of the story that was on the show was made up. Maybe Pinks won't dissapoint!
Southern Pines still has Pure Gold!!!! Are you going to the Run to The Sun in the March at Myrtle Beach?

Mike

Orngcrush69
02-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I say go if you can!!! I like the show, and I say GO!

scogin918
02-23-2007, 08:21 AM
I am going to try to go up on that Saturday. I've got some friends bringing their cars Friday night for the show.

Dan Sherwood
02-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't care for the regular "pinks" all that much, but the all out version is good. After the first one, where they were looking for cars running 10.0, I was excited to see them coming to firebird raceway in Phoenix, but there they wanted 9.0 cars. With my car running 10.0 on a regular basis, but not making tech to go into the 9.0's I was pretty bummed.
I did'nt make it to the race, but a friend that made the cut of 16 cars did, and several folks say it was pretty cool.
The only downer seemed to be that once they dropped to 9.0, they had a few dragsters, roadsters, and several all out race cars involved, which may or may not appeal to the overall audience?