PDA

View Full Version : Potential vendor to stay away from

Tom Welch
02-17-2007, 11:38 AM
There is this particular vendor of NOS and resto parts, not in my state and who will not be named, until our argument is finalized on Monday 19 Feb. I ordered 3 NOS wheel well moldings for my car and We agreed on terms last week. I called just now to confirm my order and I get told that "I'm not selling you 1 of the pieces that you ordered." I ask why not and I am told that I failed to tell these folks that 1 of the parts in question is rather difficult to find. These people restore and sell old cars as well as parts, so they HAD to have known this. Which they did as it turned out, I ask for my order to be filled as agreed. They want to up the price now, I say why, I already agreed to the deal? Why do these people think that their consumers don't count? I was also told that I cant do anything about this. We'll see about that. Come 19 Feb I'll let the rest of this out of the bag, I hope that it is a happy ending.

Tyson A
02-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Be sure to let us know the outcome. Nobody wants to deal with people that go back on their word. Hopefully they will have honor and complete the deal as agreed upon.

Tom Welch
02-17-2007, 11:48 AM
UPDATE: I just got off the phone with my credit card people and my purchase hasnt been posted yet but it is for the 2 wheel well moldings and not for 3. My level of pissoffitude is growing by the minute. I hope this works out as we originally agreed.

andrewb70
02-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Cancel your order.

Andrew

EFI69Cam
02-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Those parts are being discontinued. I tried to get a pair of fronts from the dealer, but the LH front was out. I had to order one from Ricks.
There are still LH rears, but the RH rear has been gone for awhile. Sets of 4 sell for 500-650 on ebay, most of that cost being the RH rear.

Check with Ricks.

It might be worth buying the windshield and rear window stainless trim right now as well.

Tom Welch
02-19-2007, 05:10 PM
OK, here's the latest and the end result. Camaro Specialties 112 Elm St. E. Auroura NY 14052, 716-652-7086. These are the people that have renegged on a sales agreement with me. This is what went down from my side. I called and inquired about NOS wheel well moldings for my 1st Gen. I was told that 3 were avaliable, both front and the rt rear. I agreed to the selling price of 200.00 plus shipping. I called last Sat to confirm the order and was told that I was not getting what I had ordered because I was responsible for the price being too low and responsible for not revealing the widely known fact that the rear wheel well moldings are difficult to find NOS. I asked that they honor their commitment to me for 3 moldings, just as my commitment to them of accepting the selling price. They refused to do so. I asked why and the above stated reasons were the answer I got again today, so I cancelled the order. I was also told that I can do nothing to hurt them at all since their reputation is secure. OK, but I will tell this story on several websites over the next month or so to alert anyone that reads this to the extermely poor customer service and arrogant attitude that I encountered. I do not want to badmouth anyone as a matter of routine, however I find their actions unacceptable. I told them that I was going to do this and they told me to go ahead and waste my time if I chose to. So, I am doing just that.

chicane67
02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Outstanding waste of time Tom.

I will be sure that my monies never reach their hands. Thanks for the heads up.

toxicz28
02-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I was also told that I can do nothing to hurt them at all since their reputation is secure.

Yep, their bad reputation is secure with me.....

baz67
02-19-2007, 06:06 PM
List of vendors I will not do business with:

Camaro Specialties-check

Norwoodx55
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
There are too many descent companies to get Camaro parts from without wasting time with a chicken s#!t operation like that. Thanks for the info.

yellowrallys
02-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Bum deal Tom, However don't confuse those folks with Camaro Specialty Co. in Charlotte NC. They are not the same people.

TonyL
02-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Be sure to ad this info to the regional shop recommendation section.

Tyson A
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Added to my s#!t list:
Camaro Specialties 112 Elm St. E. Auroura NY 14052, 716-652-7086
Not to be confused with Camaro Specialty Co. in Charlotte NC

TonyL
02-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I've copied this thread to the "eastern states regional area.

kamaroman68
02-20-2007, 03:41 AM
sorry to hear you also had a bad experience with them. i did also but i am not going to go into further detail. fortunately i live close enough to drive there and deal with the main guy there named bob. to make a long story short that place is a **** hole and i will never return.

Rubes
02-20-2007, 03:55 AM
:hmm: lemme get this straight...they are a "Camaro Specialty" place, but you are...responsible for not revealing the widely known fact that the rear wheel well moldings are difficult to find NOS...? :pat: Glad I dont have a Camaro.

sonic69
02-24-2007, 03:54 AM
Count me in on the order nothing list from them.