PDA

View Full Version : 68' Chevelle rear side window sripping...?

Aschle
12-06-2004, 01:49 PM
I am searching the net looking for some new weatherstripping/ trim parts for my Chevelle and can't come up with anything. The parts I am looking for go against the body and seal the rear side windows(not the seal that is between the door glass and back glass). I'll try to attach pictures.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jason Aschle

Pics are at the end of the picture index here...>

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286862043&rand=47350087&upload=1

Zefhix
12-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey Jason!! Whats' up man? I don't remeber a Chevelle there when I picked up the camaro....must be new :D The link you posted only gets me to the 57....
I sold your car to a kid at EAFB when I realized how much of my time would be occupied with this 70 of mine. Hope all is well man...let me know when you want to sell that '69. Sorry for the hijack ;)
Try Ausley's (www.chevelle.com) and Muscle Factory (800-762-0317)
They have always been good at having hard to find parts for me....

Aschle
12-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey man...How are things? I have been wondering if you had done anything with that car or not. Where is it now?

The Chevelle of mine is a long story ... to make it brief, I built it many years back, sold it to a buddy, he ended up tired of it, I got word that it was sitting in a field going to waste, I bought it back.

I brought it home, gave it a bath, changed the fluids and vaccumed the thing out, now I have been driving it almost daily! Very fun car. I put a 1 1/4" sway bar on the front with KYB shocks, now it handles a little bit better, but it is still an old muscle car. Thanks for the possible contact for the stripping...

Good to hear from you!

Jason

derekf
12-06-2004, 06:58 PM
I can't view the pics without joining Imagestation.

Are you referring to the U-shaped rubber bit that goes at the front bottom corner of the side window glass (attached to the body, glass goes through it), the weatherstrip along the bottom edge of the side glass, or something else?

Aschle
12-06-2004, 07:34 PM
I can't view the pics without joining Imagestation.

Are you referring to the U-shaped rubber bit that goes at the front bottom corner of the side window glass (attached to the body, glass goes through it), the weatherstrip along the bottom edge of the side glass, or something else?

The part I am referring to is....

The top of the door edge, where your arm usually goes when hanging it out of the window... That edge continues up through the rear quarter windows...Make sense? There needs to be some type of weatherstripping to block the water out. The small rear windows would rub against it while going up or down. Hopefully I am being somewhat clear in trying to explain this...It would be along the bottom edge of the quarter glass.
:dunno: :dunno:
Thanks,

Jason

Milow68
12-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Are they the window fuzzie's? :confused:
Try looking up window felts or fuzzie's (D+R Classics for Camaro calls then that)
Brad

Aschle
12-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Are they the window fuzzie's? :confused:
Try looking up window felts or fuzzie's (D+R Classics for Camaro calls then that)
Brad

I believe that is what I am looking for.... :icon996: I'll call tomorrow.

Thank you!

Jason