PDA

View Full Version : 69 convert. rocker panels on 69 coupe ??

WanabeFASTby50
02-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey Guys This is my first post. so i started

Motown 454
02-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Has any one got an opinion on this, I am using them in my resto.I'm havig the sub frame rewelded then welded to them and the rear spring pockets tied into them. Do you guys think I need to tie in from one spring pocket to the other, also using solid body mounts. Not putting cage . any advice would be great Thanks!

WanabeFASTby50
02-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I guess i didnt push the right keys to send this out the first time. i need help on my 69 camaro project i need inner rocker panels for my 69 coupe. i bought outers from NPD and the guy said no one makes inners for 69 coupes.
CLASSIC INDUSTRIES did a write up in Camaro Performer magazine that showed complete welded rocker assemblies (that included both inner and outer with kick panel area) being installed in a 69 coupe. i can't find full welded rockers for a coupe anywhere on their website. They do have full welded assemblies available for 69 convertibles. Will these fit a 69 coupe? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been held up on my build for atleast a week trying to get this figured out. My inner rockers are gone.

Thanks .....Bruce

Motown 454
02-25-2007, 08:33 PM
My car is being done with the convertable rockers by Mikes custom cars in S.C. he said the only way you would tell is to look under the carpet. but they are alot heavier and much stiffer.

WanabeFASTby50
02-26-2007, 04:50 AM
THANKS for the info,Motown 454. would it be possible to get the ph.# for MIKES so i could ask him a ?? or two. the ground here in Mich. is froze hard, we cant dig, so i need to hit this build hard for the next month or two! BRUCE (somanyparts.....solittletime)

Motown 454
02-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Here is his web site check it out http://www.mikescustomcars.com/ The number you want is on here. Wayne

merriman44
03-02-2007, 09:31 PM
just so you know they do make inners for the 69 coupe. I should know as I just welded in a pair. The fit is decent and they feel thick.