PDA

View Full Version : chris alstons Gbar, heidts 4 link, DSE Quadra link

jsconiers
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Due to my own stupidity I have been bumped in the shop that was going to weld in my Wayne Due C4 kit. After coming to this conclusion I started thinking do I really want to use the c4 kit or go with something else since I'm going to have to wait(Unless you know some one in Illinois that can do this and not make me wait 3 months). Right now I have the Dana 36 ($600), the WD kit($600), and would be paying for the shocks ($350), springs ($125)and the cost of the weld in installation.

DSE, Chris Alston and Heidt both make a "bolt-in" 4 link / quadralink. The cost would be about 2200 including the axle housings plus an additional cost for a new rear end. The big difference would be that I can "bolt-in" the rear by myself. If you have used any of these kits I would like to hear your expereinces. I'm not going to be doing "racing" but during the summer I will drive the car almost every day. I'll do some quarter mile races, very little auto cross and be opening it up on the highway but nothing major. I would have to sell everything in order to make this happen and the costs are so close to each other that I would like some input.

In case it matters, up front I have a ls1 / t56, BRP modified subframe with power rack, ls1 f-body disc brakes, qa1 coil overs, tubular upper and lower control arms, etc. In the future (next winter) I might be going with an AFX spindle and c6 brakes up front.

ProdigyCustoms
02-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Well, if you do any drag racing, your LS1 / T56 will almost certainly explode your Dana 36 Corvette rear. Been there, done that, got a tee shirt. The G Bar (which is a air bar without the shockwaves) is closer to a bolt in then a Quadra Link. I would do a G bar.

jsconiers
02-17-2007, 05:49 AM
If I did the Gbar with the bolt in fab9 housing what would be a good axle to go with.

ProdigyCustoms
02-17-2007, 06:07 AM
We need to talk about that. Probably best to call as there are so many options depending on weather you are mini tubbing,or not, weather you have wheels already or not.

four zero seven 832 1752

Bow Tie 67
02-17-2007, 12:28 PM
The Quadra-link is not a bolt in, where in IL are you? You are more than welcome to come look at my quadra-link install, I'm in the middle of it.

Matt

jsconiers
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Car is in Northlake, I'm in Melrose park...where are you?

Marcus SC&C
02-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I have to agree with Frank,the G Bar is a nice bolt in setup. Very easy install. ,only 2 brackets need to be welded to the axle tubes. I`ve actually seen one (Air Bar) installed in a `68 Camaro in less than 1 hour! It`s got pretty good geometry and enough antisquat built in to hook in a straight line too. Alston is supposed to have FAB9 housings available with those 2 brackets already installed soon. They`re really no big deal the setup is pretty much it`s own jig.
FAB9s are all custom built so you have to spec it out in detail to be stock size if that`s what you want. If you want a plug and play rear Currie has off the shelf rears that bolt straight in. We just put a G Bar/ Currie 9" package together for a customer with a tight deadline and had it delivered in less than a week. We were going to do a FAB9 originally but because they take a week or two to build the Currie got the nod. Both companies build great bullet proof rears. Mark SC&C