PDA

View Full Version : What did you guys find to be the biggest challenge in your conversion

phoenixdawg
02-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Besides $$, which most of us don't have an endless supply. What was the biggest pita/if I had known I would have done it this way....moment? or was there something you did that you found not to be worth the effort.

WS6
02-15-2007, 06:59 PM
ha convincing people that the 5.3 is a better choice than the 350 it is replacing. Just wait til I get it running. The convincing will be easy then.

pist0lpete
02-16-2007, 01:54 PM
I think the devil is in the details (so far anyways). Getting the engine mounted in right getting all the little parts together to make it work things like that. Onces its all over I think it will be worth it though.

Goatman
03-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Just trying to research what damn motor plates/mounts work together is a PIA so far...... Then come to find out not all the headers work with all the mounts..

But I'm "having fun"........

ProBell
03-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Oil pan, The first one I bought took the stock baffles out. Cost me a motor. Randy

neki67
03-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Getting it painted took quite some time, but it seems to be a worldwide problem to get painters to the job in time.

However; it wasn't all that difficult to fit the billet gas cap, which seems to be an almost impossible hurdle for a lot of people . . . . :bananna2: