PDA

View Full Version : front suspention kits and advise

2wheeltom
02-14-2007, 03:14 PM
I have a 72 Nova and would like to put a corvette front suspension in it, or up grade the stock to a better handling and ride suspension. Any information would be appreciated! Thank You!

MonzaRacer
03-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Well unless your a good fabricator I would give SC&C a call and pick up either new spindles and controlarms or tall ball joints and thier upper control arms. Also a good fast ratio box or a rack conversion.
Also dont forget to tie the car together and either poly or aluminum bushings.
Basicly its a Camaro underneath, DSE may even have a few bits and pieces to help you out.
As for the handling I would look at a set of Air Ride Technologies Shockwaves on front and an Airbar set up in rear.
It shouldnt be a hard thing to do as the back of the car is Camro basicly.
My buddy put rearend and leafs from a 72or73 nova under a 73 Camaro and it worked fine.
Another option would be look at the Jegster SS bars and some ART air bags or maybe even ShockWaves there too.
Depending on what you intended to do the ART stuff will handle great and a friend of mine says that after he blew 7 sets of coilovers so he switched to ShockWaves and he leaves the ladder link bolt out and he says it handles great for a car that only needs one bolt installed to go back to a drag oriented setup.
Good luck
Lee

Dave@RACEWARE
03-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Check out Art Morrisons New kit. It's a bolt in and gives you everything you are asking for.

ProdigyCustoms
03-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Or if you are on a budget, A Hotchkis TVS kit is hard to beat

Gaslight
03-22-2007, 05:02 AM
I have a 73 and just finished up the DSE coilover kit with ATS spindles. Have not driven it yet though.

Jake