PDA

View Full Version : New kid from Wisconsin

brink_79camaro
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Hey, Everyone!! I am a 19 year old college student from Wisconsin. I am attending UW-Richland here in Wisconsin and I plan to major in business with the intent to own my own business someday. I currently own my own blacktop driveway/parking lot sealcoating buisness that operates from May-September and it has proved to be VERY successful. I purchased my first "rusteration" 1979 Camaro project at the age of 15. I have worked in a body for the past 3 years. I have done all the body work to the car so far. It has new fenders, re-skinned doors, new quarter panel skins, new trunk floor drop-off's, new full length outer rocker panels, a 4" fiberglass cowl induction hood, full length floor pans, and rear outer wheelhouses. I recently decided to take the pro-touring theme after stumbling across this site a few weeks ago. I have everything to finish the car and I have decided to mini-tub the car (making own mini tubs), I have a kit to shave the door handles, a 10 point roll cage, Competition Engineering formed-rear frame rails with their weld in sub frame connectors, Autofab Racecars streetrod ladder-bars (these bars are offset and I will not have to cut the floor out under the rear seat to make room for clearance) with QA1 coilovers, completely cutting the trunk out and fabbing up a new dropped trunk floor to accomodate a new fuel cell, battery, and "the bottle". I have also decided to put a 4th gen Camaro/Firebird dash, seats, counsel, and I am thinking about making a set of door panels to resemble the 4th gens. The car is black now and I will be re-painting it black. I am going to black the windows out and put some neon lighting under the car. I have brand new Cragar wheels. I was even thinking about dropping the car some to give it a "mean look". I eventually plan to put tubular upper and lower control arms with coilovers in and also a LS1 and a 6 speed in the car when the funds are available. I will try to put some pictures on here soon.

Bigblue73
02-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the site. You'll find alot of good people here. How's the weather?

brink_79camaro
02-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I have already found this site REALLY useful!!! The weather could be a little better. It is about 15-20 degrees and we have about a foot or so of snow...it could be about 0-10 degrees and 1 1/2-2 feet of snow HAHA. I am a big snowmobiler, that's why I say that. I have done alot of snowmobiling already this winter. I am in the process of putting a mod-sled together to really rip up the snow.

JWilson
02-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Another '79. Welcome aboard!

71dusterdan
02-14-2007, 06:15 PM
hey brink welcome aboard, glad to have ya.I live down in rockford, il and used to get up there to richland all the time. i work for a steel distributer, so i would be glad to hook you up with steel, aluminum you need if you would hang a qtr skin and graft a whole quarter. just a thought lol. hey, nobody will say yes if you dont ask , right. good luck ,mind if i send some of this snow and cold up your way. Dan

brink_79camaro
02-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah!!!! Send as much cold and snow as you can up here. Snow is always welcome here in Benton...atleast by us snowmobilers HAHA

Ralph LoGrasso
02-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the site, new kid from Wisconsin.

Bandit
02-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the site from a fellow Wisconsinite. I am from the Oshkosh area originally.
I like the ideas you have for your car, except for the neons under the chassis. :barf:
You should put some under the hood to shine up from under your powdercoated headers, now that would be cool. Lika dis:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
:headbang:
BTW this is not my car, it is "Z-zilla," maybe you've seen it before. Has some of the nicest paint and bodywork in all of Camarodom.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
:hail:
In any case, sounds like a great project you got going there, have fun and try to stay warm up there amongst the "frozen chosen."

Paul