PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Foose Wheels...

Novacane
12-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Trying to get a hold of Chip Foose's Wheel division. They only have an E-mail address on there site and no phone number. I have sent 3 E-mails this week with no response. They have a style wheel I like for the 62' project and need to know if the make the wheels custom and can do the 54mm offset I need. Anyone ever deal with them for wheels?

Howard

Novacane
12-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Come on!! Anyone have a contact???

68LSS1
12-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Acording to the Rides episode tonight, MHT (http://www.mhtwheels.com/) makes Foose's wheels.

TonyL
12-07-2004, 10:09 PM
foose wheels's biggest outlet is les schwab and can be custom ordered

Novacane
12-12-2004, 08:00 PM
I ended up replaying an episode of Overhaul that showed a body shop in CA that Foose works with. I managed to get there phone number off there shirts and called them the next day. The guy at Lanzini Body works was real cool and told me that Foose is buried buiding the Riddler car...whatever that is... and don't count on hearing from them. He then proceeded to tell me that MHT builds his wheels. From there I contacted there Chicago facility. The guy I spoke to was a real *******. If I was close enough to Chicago I would punch his lights out!

He ended up telling me that the custom wheels are $ 15,000 a piece!!! What's he on crack? I asked him if he was out of his mind and he said " those wheels need to made on a CNC machine and the machine costs $ 50,000!" So I asked him if they expected to get the return on there investment off of one set of wheels!!

Anyway, I spoke to the guys at Kenesis. They are good people. Only problem is that I don't really like any of there wheels that they offer. This car needs a one of custom wheel......for less the $ 15,000 a piece. Who else makes "custom" wheels???? Besides Boyd??

will69camaro
12-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Might contact Colorado Customs...Not sure if they'll be able to make what you want but i'm sure they can come up with a figure less than 15k a wheel lol

William

Zefhix
12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Billet Specialties? :cool:

BRIAN
12-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Check Boyds site he now lists service for one off wheels. Not sure of cost but I think I had once asked and it was about $1500 each.

Novacane
12-14-2004, 06:34 PM
I tried Billet Specialties a few months ago. The large postive offset of the C5 wheel is a problem with a 2 piece wheel as they use. They have some wheels I really like that I can't have! :pat:

Been playing phone tag with Bill at Boyds for the past few days. He seems to think a few of there off the shelf wheels may work. Problem is I am not overly thrilled with those either......custom may be the way to satisfy my plan.

12-17-2004, 03:52 PM
intro, roh, iforged would be my suggestion

jakespeeds
12-18-2004, 04:43 AM
I have something you can try. Just ask Boyd's or a machine shop in your area to make you a center only. Then you can call and send the centers to Vaughn Machine (California) (626)358-6413 and he will weld in the center to a set of outers he keeps in stock. You can pick your offset.

Jake