PDA

View Full Version : cheap front disks for 62

GUS68
12-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey Guys!!! I have a 62 Bel Air that I would like to convert to front disks, I am thinking of using the stock spindle and drum hub and maybe a hat style rotor off of a mid 70s corvette or maybe a 4x4 S-10 pickup. For a caliper I was thinking of a 70s Impala, a 2wd chevy pickup or an 80s GM metric caliper. What would I use for a caliper bracket? would it be that hard to make one? What would I use for a master cyl?? What do you guys think of my plans??? Remember, Im a killer tight a$$.

indyjps
12-07-2004, 08:25 AM
from what ive read here the master cylinder will depend on the calipers used and the piston size, ive got a set of new 70-82 corvette rotors if youre interested. you will have to fab up a mounting bracket. keep me updated on what you find out ive got a rough 63 impala 2 door that may be my next project. gotta see whats left after the 409 car is done. unfortunately its a state away so i cant get any measurements for you. ill mic the corvette rotors for you so you can see if they will work in a swap similar to camaro cheap big brake swap on pozzi website. email me @ [email protected]

Paul69camaro
12-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey guys, I don't know how much of a hurry your in but i just talked to Todd over at Speedtech-performance.com (makes brake brackets for the f-bodies and such) said that he is currently working on brackets for many other vehicles including earlier cars, 50's and early 60's. You may want to give him a call and see if he plans on making any for your car (it's the c5 brake conversion) He did say something about late Jan. Early Feb. since they are moving into a bigger shop.

Paul