PDA

View Full Version : lowering the 72 chevelle???

datsbad
12-05-2004, 08:53 AM
i want to lower the car and am thinking of either eibach or hotchkis. . which would you use ?

also would the hotchkis sway bar set be a good thing for it ?

protour_chevelle
12-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I'm currently trying to figure out lowering my 72 also. My factory springs are flat so I have no clue of where my car should sit, thus not knowing how many inches I want to lower.

I will probably be running big block rate springs and sways bars from Hotchkis. If I had more resources I would be going with a splined sway bar.

-Matt

Zefhix
12-05-2004, 11:45 AM
I hate to always shamelessly plug these people but they took such good care of me I figured I should share.
goto: coilsprings.com
You have to fill out all the details on your car and then tell them exactly how much you want to lower it and they will custom make you a lowered spring for your car. I asked for a 2.5" drop all the way around and they charged me $50 for the front pair and $70 for the fronts. The pigtails and ends were in exactly the same position as stock. I don't have everything in the car yet but they look to be really nice pieces.
:)

WS6
12-12-2004, 06:14 PM
ive seen a 72 riding on hotchkis drop springs. it looked good. obviously lowered but not too low. yes their sway bar set is good stuff as well as their boxed control arms.

dennis68
12-12-2004, 08:54 PM
I prefer this method of lowering-https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

USAZR1
12-15-2004, 03:50 PM
I agree with Keith about Coil Spring Specialties. Best way to lower your A-Body on a budget and they are great people to deal with.

If you can afford it,another good way to slam them is with coilovers. My El Camino has QA1 and Strange Eng. coilovers and it's looow.

datsbad
12-15-2004, 06:54 PM
i ended up buy original parts group 3" drop springs . i will post before and afters when it is done . thanks for the help .

yody
12-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow, purple springs! thts a new one, kinda fits your personality, eh denny? :enguard: they do look like some beefy coils though. Another vote for hothkis

Paul69camaro
12-16-2004, 04:33 AM
I agree with USAZR1, My best friend has a 72 cutlass, very similar to the chevelle and he used the QA1 on all for corners (had to do some fabrication on the rear) and bought some huge suspension Technique sway bars. You would'nt believe the difference(in handling and appearance) all that made from his stock suspension. Plus he can raise or lower it to his taste. There is a pic of it in my photo album in the sig. I'm gonna try to get him to join this site.