PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Maui

2Loose
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
:git:New member, thought I'd leave a note here. Building up an LT1 396, Lloyd Elliot ported trick flow heads, ported LT1 intake, etc etc to make around 450 ft lbs average from 2300 to 6300 thru T56 in a '55 chevy. Upgraded/modified chassis/suspension to get improved handling. Not a C4 setup under there, wish it was, but it will be much better than stock.
Willy 2Loose
Maui, Hawaii

dropit69
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
welcome ..and must say ive been to your island..awesome place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2Loose
02-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Yup, even though it gets more crowded every year, this is still a pretty special place. Been here 40 years now, came out to surf and stayed....
We actually have an NHRA drag strip (http://www.mrp.org/), run one weekend a month Feb - Nov. Not too bad for such a little island a long ways from nowhere....

2Loose
01-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Well, since that last posting, it's been six years! Kinda got slowed down with some health issues, but got back up and running again about 3 years ago. "Inherited" a '55 chevy gasser project, so built that up and finished it, blown Olds motor, stick shift, solid axle, fun project, but not for this forum so only posted over in the tri five dot com gasser forum. Will be doing some runs with it at our local drag strip next month, am hoping for tens, and it is street legal!

Had a couple of other projects that were "finished" (as you all know, they are never "finished"....) ten to fifteen years ago, a '55 Chevy 4x4 truck, and a '58 Chevy pro street truck. I'm now 71 years old, so am a little slower than I used to be, but am retired finally, so have all day most days to get things done, and it's amazing actually how much I can get done! The '58 truck actually handles quite well for a fat tire rear end, as it has an A-body chassis and sits low with upgraded suspension. But both trucks needed work so that has been ongoing also!

But now I seem to have all three running well and driving daily (ok, which one today ????), and finally got back on the '55 Chevy Sport Coupe G-Machine....
Will get a thread going somewhere, gotta go look around and see where the best spot here would be for that....

Soon, I will have all four shined up and ready to go!
Aloha from Maui
"2Loose" Willy

LINK to my personal home page on my projects. Many LINKS here. (http://home.roadrunner.com/~tooloose/)