PDA

View Full Version : from standard to deluxe

Motown 454
02-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi Can anyone tell me if the seat frames in a 69 Camaro are the same for standard and deluxe seats ? will deluxe foam and covers fit standard seat ? And do I only have to change the handles on the windows, I know the door handles are different . Thank in advance Wayne

Happyfunballs
02-07-2007, 06:01 AM
I have a 67 and converted it from standard to deluxe, so take this with a grain of salt. The seat frames and springs are probably the same. Therefore the deluxe foam and covers should fit. The door handles on mine are completely different, but the only difference on the window handles is the color of the knob.....I believe. A quick call to Rick's First Generation in Athens, GA. would solve your dilemma.

HILROD
02-07-2007, 03:29 PM
The seat frames can be recovered as long as deluxe foam is used. The handles can be converted over. The parts are sold by most resto parts houses. The worst and most expensive thing is the window regulators. I took apart mine and lengthened the crank studs. Only the doors require this. I'm not sur of the vents if they have cranks. If the shorter stock regulators are used you might not be able to install the cranks at all or they might rub way to tightly. FRANK

Motown 454
02-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the help I didn't know the window crank studs were longer
Thanks again Wayne

Charley Lillard
02-07-2007, 06:01 PM
The deluxe seat foam will work but you won't have as many springs in the frame. The window regulator shafts are about 1/4" too short and if you push the handle on it will suck the door panel in.. I think someone was selling the shaft to swap out or you can remove your shaft and find longer ones at the junkyard.

Jim Nilsen
02-10-2007, 11:56 AM
I haven't read something that was so serious but so funny in a long time. All that talk about them shafts and that thing with the door panel had us all laughing here:lol: and I always feel that way when I go to the junkyard and get something.