PDA

View Full Version : My front end is so light now I have suspension problems.

aggressive male
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi,

Sorry if someone has posted something like this before but I don't know how to search for it. I've been taking weight out of the front end of my 77 deville by putting on an aluminum hood, taking out the ac, and removing a few other things. It's now so light I have suspension problems, the outside of the tires wear fast and I can't go too fast around corners without the front tires squeeling. I just put in coil springs from a caddy with a v6, this helped but still not enough. Is there another car that has slightly lighter springs that will fit it? I'm open to other suggestions too. THanks

baz67
02-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Did you realign the front end yet? It sound like the camber is off.

David Pozzi
02-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Cut one coil off your front springs.
So where did you find an aluminum hood for a Cadillac?

zbugger
02-03-2007, 10:29 PM
You also need to get an alignment done.

aggressive male
02-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Did you realign the front end yet? It sound like the camber is off.Have not taken it to be realigned yet, I thought it might be wise to wait for my beefy tie rod sleeves I orderd to come in first.

aggressive male
02-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Cut one coil off your front springs.
So where did you find an aluminum hood for a Cadillac?I may have to do that if I can't get the back end high enough to match the front. The 4 door versions of 77-79 full size caddy's often have aluminum hoods but they don't properly fit anything before or after, but they fit a 2 door coupe, they are about 50 pounds lighter.

aggressive male
02-03-2007, 10:43 PM
You also need to get an alignment done.Alright an alignment is what I need.