PDA

View Full Version : Procharger problems or not?

Adam's 55 Chevy
02-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Hi first post on here. refered by Lawrence with the 55 from the UK as I am too.

I am wanting to put a race Procharger on my 489 BBC. I have read a lot of negative comments about the casings and bearings being sub standard.

Was this a teething problem and all is ok now? I know parts fail and the more that are bought the more that will fail + the urban myth thing where someone knows someone who had one when in fact they didn't at all.

Bottom line is are they reliable enough to make up to 1000 hp with a cog pulley set up on a regular basis in a race car.

If so which one with an air to air intercooler.

Also a link to a blow thru carb shop please.

Thank you.

ProdigyCustoms
02-03-2007, 04:04 AM
He Lawrence. We sell a lot of ProChargers, dozens to members on this board, and have not had any of the issues. We have only been selling them a few years, so maybe "teething" is a good explaination? Most of the problems we do see are installation issues, that usually get worked out. As for making 1000HP, no sweat and no intercooler required for a race car running race fuel. I have a 406 here in Orlando we dynoed a a few months ago making 900 to the tires with a race converter (which always kills RWHP). no rocket science, just a nice blower camshaft, around 265 (not all that big for a 496) and a F1R blower. No intercooler required!

Where the intercooler is very important is when trying to us lower octane fuel (pump gas) or when chasing super high boost (north of 20 PSI), but for your HP request, and if you are willing to feed it 110- 114 octane for a race car, you need not spend the intercooler money or plumbing.

Let us know when your ready. We can set you up with the entire package.

Lawrence
02-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey Adam, I got mine from Prodigy, highly recommended.

Adam's 55 Chevy
02-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Frank
Thanks for the heads up. I will be running C16 race fuel so no problem there.
Please send me details of a complete package which includes every nut n bolt. I want a one stop shop not 3 months of running around sourcing parts after the purchase.
I will email you direct. If Lawrence reccomends you thats good enough for me.