PDA

View Full Version : newbie from memphis

daygoslow
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
hello. my name is donald and i was referred to this site by a friend since it seems that this site is more directed towards the direction i seem to be going with my car. hoping there might be some good conversation on here. i live in memphis and have a 70 chevelle which i have had for 12 years now (bought it when i was a junior in high school). its not an ss, (just a malibu 307 car) but has since had a 355 through high school, then a 406, and now has a 441 procharged small block which i just finished last month. its slightly lowered (eibach springs), has eurythane bushings throughout and rides on some good ole corvette rallye wheels wrapped in radial t/a's. my car isnt any kind of show car, its just a straight bodied, epoxy black primered, badgeless, cruiser and weekend warrior that i drive to work at least 2 or 3 times a week and to our local 1/4 mile track periodically throughout the year. still have many plans for the car (hoping to tag along on the power tour this year, but worried about how much of a piece my car will seem like next to the caliber of cars that participate) (it seems the more i do to car, the more i find that i want to do to it) but my continuously growing family has a tendency to take priority over the car. hope to learn plenty from this forum as well as hopefully provide some useful info every now and then as well.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/02/quote-1.gif (http://www.chevelles.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1205971)

Ralph LoGrasso
02-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Welcome aboard, Donald.

daygoslow
02-02-2007, 12:07 PM
thank you very much

molyorange 77
02-02-2007, 02:34 PM
sounds like a BEAST, Its great to know somebody else is here down south with me, Im in Clinton,Mississippi maybe we'll meet somewere on the tour.

daygoslow
02-02-2007, 08:26 PM
its not too bad im still tring to get it tuned in and get my intercooler plumbed up. when i had the charger on my 406 it was definately the quickest thing ive ever driven. 11.5:1 + 10 psi = lots of fun