PDA

View Full Version : The harsh reality of Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.

trapin
12-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Yes.....it was a heart-warming story.

........but is it a finished story? I think not.

It's funny how once Santa Claus and the other pompous reindeer saw that Rudolph's nose could serve a purpose was he finally accepted into North Pole society. If you remember, there were some pretty harsh things done and said to him by the other reindeer, none of which were ever apologized for. Such as Comet, who barred Rudolph from any Reindeer games. Why? Because his nose was red? Even Santa himself was vicious in his comments, telling Donner how disappointed he was with him that he had the audacity to father a fawn who was different. What kind of human being says stuff like that? Apparently the likes of Comet and Santa and everyone else in the North Pole have been practicing a lifetime of bigotry and prejudice. Do we expect everything to change as the result of one reindeer with a nose that glows? Sorry......I’m not buying it. I think these people will continue in their ways regardless of what Rudolph was able to do for them. It’s a case of good ole fashioned "What have you done for me lately".

So now Rudolph has been accepted and apparently all is forgiven. But I don’t think this story is over.....not until we take issue with the behavior of Santa’s reindeer and especially the behavior of Ole Saint Nick himself. The story makes no attempt to suggest that this ordeal has changed the North Pole in any way. A simple apology will not suffice here. What these people did was terrible, and only time can heal the wounds that were cut so deep. What happens if next year Blitzen and his doe give birth to a three-legged fawn that can’t fly? What then? Obviously without the ability to fly the fawn can’t help out in any way. Will he be doomed to a lifetime of confinement in his home and the subsequent ridicule of the other reindeer because he couldn’t pull off what Rudolph did? Remember....Rudolph was only accepted because they discovered that he could actually DO something for them. Apparently if you have a handicap in the North Pole, you better have some special trick up your sleeve or you might as well jump in front of a Kenworth on I-94 and be done with it.

So I ask you....what’s changed in the North Pole?

(Yes, it's a joke...you can laugh now) :santa3:

astroracer
12-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Yes... well thought out points Tony, BUT, there are other issues here that can be touched on. Take for example Rudolph and Clarece's offspring. What is to happen to them if they are dipping from the same gene pool Rudolph is? What can be done to prevent THEM from being "different"? Is gene manipulation a viable alternative to make them seem normal or does the gene manipulation itself make them into monsters?
And what about Yukon Cornelius and the Abominable Snowman? Do you think Santa will provide healthcare for same sex partners? The way he behaved with Rudolph at the start is a good indicator that he will take the high road with this situation also...
Then there is Hermie... Being the baby boomer that he is he will probably feel that the whole North Pole owes him an education and an expensive lifestyle because he didn't ask to be born. I'm sure he'll end up alone and penniless, hating his mother and drowning in a bottle.
There are many more things that are wrong with this show. The baby birds in a nest in the middle of winter is just one example but hey! Who am I to talk when I am just a lesbian trapped in a man's body?
Mark

trapin
12-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Some very valid points, Mark. :Alchy:

chevymike
12-02-2004, 01:31 PM
You guys have WAY too much time on you hands. :seizure: :rolleyes5 :screwy:

trapin
12-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah...but we're having fun though. :git: :bananna2:

Steve Chryssos
12-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Well I have a problem with Winnie the Pooh. Why are parents assimilating their children to a bear that very obviously has the voice of an older man and who is not wearing any pants? Doesn't that encourage children to walk up to dirty old man flashers?
...And while I'm on the subject of pants, am I the only one who realizes that Spongebob is really a big ol' hunk of swiss cheese--and NOT, I repeat NOT, in actuality, a sponge? Spongebob is living a lie and we should learn to be proud of who we are as individuals and not run around pretending to be sponges.

Bill Howell
12-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Personally, I'm hoping coyote finally gets that d*mn road runner :machine:

shmoov69
12-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Ever wonder about ol Bugs bunny? He is always going around putting big wet kisses on ol baldy Porky and Yosimite Sam!! I think we got a closet FREAK on our hands here! :spank2:
The only one that is still true to his form is Jonny Bravo! Oohhh maama!! :naughty:

Martin71RS
12-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Donald Duck doesnt wear pants either!