PDA

View Full Version : ARggggg..

Jagarang
12-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Faulking organic chemistry keeping me from slummber tonight. Mechanisms of reactions BLOW! E2, Sn2, blah blah, diols from alkenes EEWWWwww!! Big exam tommorrow. PRAY FOR ME GUYS!!

Jagarang
12-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Curiously enough it's only 2:27 EST, but the post time is an hour later. You mods still working on getting the time settings right??

ProdigyCustoms
12-02-2004, 03:17 AM
says 2:30 for me, good luck!

derekf
12-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Time settings are correct for the rest of us (so far as I know). Verify that your Time Zone and "DST Correction Option" are correct under User CP/Edit Options as that may be the issue.

Jagarang
12-02-2004, 06:03 AM
Thanks Frank..........I may need a mental "pick-me-up" after tonights class Frank!!! See if you can arrange a dose of something for my photo album.......it might keep me sane! :jump: :crying: :rolleyes5

Derek...thanks for the tip...it turned out my DST wasn't set correctly!!

B Cichocki
12-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Kevin,
What are you doing taking orgo?! The happiest day of my life was the end of last spring semester when I said goodbye to chemistry forever! My last orgo professor was a real a-hole. Everything was free response, including retrosynthetic analysis, which as I'm sure you know was a real bitch and a half. Hope the test went well.
-Brian

Jagarang
12-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Pre-med Brian...Class average was 53.....I got 74 :crying: Cumulative final this TEUSDAY! :scared:

B Cichocki
12-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Hey, at least you beat the average, right? :icon996: Are you doing this at FIU, or? I was under the impression that you were an anesthesiologist, but maybe I pulled that out of my ass? Anyway, good luck on the final. Since you said the last test had SN1, SN2, E1, E2, and that crap on it, I take it this is Orgo 1? I liked 1 better than 2, but it's right opposite for most people. I didn't enjoy having to learn the neverending mountain of mechanisms and reactions that is Orgo 2. Plus, I got an A in the first half, and not so hot on the second half. :help: Just study your ass off, and you'll be good to go. Memorize, memorize, memorize.
-Brian

Jagarang
12-10-2004, 05:26 AM
It's org. 1 as you've already deduced. The SN1,SN2, etc was actually the test before last. The test I was studying for when I posted was the synthesis and retro synthesis garbage. :barf: I'm THRILLED at the prospect of Organic 2, WITH THE SAME PROFFESSOR!! :scared: . Unfortunately he is the only one that teaches night classes, so us working slugs are at his sadistic mercy. We just wrapped up radical mechanisms, ethers (epoxides), polymerization, and redox chains LAST NIGHT. Three new chapters for the cum. final. :banghead:
Unfortunately, I'm not an anesthesiologist. I am an Ultrasound/Radiology/EKG technologist. My primary field of practice is ultrasound. Finished radiology in 91 thru 93, ultrasound 95 thru 97, and the quest continues! The worst part was accumulating 249 credits in the junior system (MDCC) and having zip to show for it and, on top of that, still had to take 16 additional credits just to qualify for a transfer into a baccalaureate program at FIU.

trapin
12-10-2004, 06:31 AM
For some reason, this Movie Quote comes to mind.....

"C'mon H.I, Yer young...you got yer health...what you want with a job?"

William Forsyth - Raising Arizona (1987)

Andrew McBride
12-10-2004, 08:48 AM
I know your classes are about 50X's harder but I feel your pain of finals week.I had 7 finals this week an hardly any sleep. Take Care and hope all went well for your other finals.

Andrew