PDA

View Full Version : Barrett-Jackson

Bill Howell
12-01-2004, 08:12 PM
I know it is early but is anyone planning on attending B-J in January? I have made arrangments to go after wanting to go for the last ten years.Not that I can afford anything there, just want to experiance the spectical. Maybe we can have a Pro-touring contengent there.

rolandska
12-01-2004, 08:41 PM
I'd like to, but $350.00 at the door and 8% buyers premium is to stiff for me.

ProdigyCustoms
12-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Were thinkin about it kid, but my schedule will make it a last minute if I do it. Did you catch the preview show tonight?
We have a red RS Z28 Cross Ram JL8 car we are trying to finish for West Palm. But I am so backed up from the hurricanes and other business, I am not sure we can do it this year.
Neat piece, we have had it for 18 years, used to auto cross it. Real Rally Sport, JL8 car, we picked up a cross ram for it years ago. Also adding all NOS radio and heater delete stuff. Even have the original spare!

Bill Howell
12-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Frank,
Yeah, I saw the show. That is what prompted me to start the thread. I have spent two hours today getting preregistered. I don't plan to buy anything, it just that the perks that come with the bidders card is worth the aggravation.Of course, if the right car was cheap enough.......
Anyway, I hope you can make it- remember all that work will be there when you get back.One week now will not may any differance in a year. I have wanted to go for 10 years and finally realized that if I don't just go, it will be 10 more years down the road and I may be too old to care then. I noticed on another thread, you recognized the camaro with the irs. I was thinking when I saw it in Daytona that it was alittle tired to be on display. I feel better knowing it is a true driver and more power to him for riding in it. The guts were C-4 stuff I think which as you said are not known for mega hp. The unit was nice looking though.The only draw back I saw was I thought it was a bit pricey.Maybe that will change by the time it is actually available.

P.S. Nice sounding RS Z-28

Charley Lillard
12-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Bill...You will have a ball. Be sure and get your hotel reservations squared away.

Bill Howell
12-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks Charley,
I called a friend out there looking for some suggestions on rooms after not having any luck and we are going to stay with him. He is only 30 minutes away so I think we have that part covered. BTW- did you ever see my "jab" at you at another site we both look at?(lounge-Thanksgiving thread I started). Someone here actually showed the car ad and I just passed it on over there.The car was calling your name :lmao: Just kidding. One thing I learned over there was NEVER let them know about any deuce you find. Someone there may steal it from you!!!!!!!!! I think you know which car I found.
Thanks again;

Charley Lillard
12-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Ha... I just read the thread... I would have sold everything for that Charger..... Don't feel like you got backdoored on that Deuce. When it was going on I inquired about the situation to make sure and the guy that got it had indeed been working on the owner for quite awhile.

Bill Howell
12-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Charley,
The consolation to the deal was that he had been working with Willie to purchace to car for about a year. I should have just bought it when I had the chance. I truely went to the site to find out if the price was correct. That was my mistake. I just felt that someone over there dropped a dime to let him know what was going on. Other wise I would own the car now. The new owner probably appreciates the piece of history that car is more than I would anyway. I have been there, done that already and that site lead me here so no harm- no foul, just lesson learned. Looking forward to BJackson. Who knows, maybe I can find another BB to bring home.
Thanks for letting me vent, :cheers:
Bill
P.S. I am glad to see that you own not only COPO cars(purist/pieces of auto art) but own and enjoy real drivers!!

JamesJ
12-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Well a few of us are going to fly out Saturday, hang out then fly back late that night. If you don’t know already there is a really neat car show that I am almost positive is Saturday night. It’s in a shopping center that is just off the freeway, 51 I think. We definitely will not miss it!
At noon on Saturday will be sending one of our cars across the block, should be interesting, Dan Gurney is even going to drive it up on stage.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=179484

1970cuda
12-15-2004, 03:56 PM
the show is at the scottsdale pavalions. every saturday night it is about 8 miles south of the auction on the 101. drop me an email and maybe we can hook up at the auction or the show

Bill Howell
01-01-2005, 05:21 PM
I'll be there from Tuesday until the next Monday. I am wide open for meeting up with everyone and would prefer someone more familiar with the area set up something or somewhere since I am sure it will be packed at all the hot spots. Feel free to call me at 865.850.8228 and if ya'll will post your cell # then we can all copy them before we head that way.I look forward to meeting everyone.

BTW James, which car are you running thru Saturday(lot #) ?

JamesJ
01-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Here is the link for some reason they changed it, but fix one in the other post also. It is lot#998 http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=179484

Bill Howell
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
I got my Barrett-Jackson bidder packet today! The interesting thing is I am bidder #5768.Looks like we are in for a record crowd.I guess I will not be "stealing" anything. :lol: It is hard for me to think that the vip parking will be a big deal with that many bidders(cars) there.

69Lowbird
01-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Drop me an email or PM if you guys decide to meet up at the pavilions car show or anywhere else.

Bill Howell
01-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Guys,
What a show! I am having a ball. I even got a copo yesterday! I will post picture when I get back home. Everything is sooo high but still fun to watch the auction. For anyone here the plan is to be at the pavilion Saturday about 7-7:30 so call if you go there. eight six5 eight 5zero eight 22eight.
Thanks,
Bill

JamesJ
01-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Well we are getting ready to go to Austin to see some live music tonight, but we will leave at 8:30 Saturday morning. The latest time prediction for our car is now 4-6 but who knows. We plan on going to the pavilion as of now, if you are at the auction when our cars rolls say hello, the car should be on display some ware, you should not miss it. The guy with the car now is Randy, stop buy and take a look.

Ralph LoGrasso
01-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Sweet deal on the copo, Bill!! Be sure to post pics!

trapin
01-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Bill....my parents were at that auction. I told them to look for a late 40's guy wearing a Pro-Touring hat and say hello. You were wearing your hat, weren't you?

Congrats on the car....yes, be sure to post some pics. Or send them to me and I'll post them on my site.

MrQuick
02-01-2005, 09:44 PM
sorry to steal but anyone know how Datsbad did with his Stang?

Bill Howell
02-02-2005, 09:13 AM
sorry to steal but anyone know how Datsbad did with his Stang?

Vince,
I tried to keep up with the sale price of all the cars I saw sell. If you can give me alittle more info I will see if I have the price. If you know the number the car or what day it sold, that would help.

BTW Great buy on the one you bought Charley. Nice to meet you too. I think everyone was asleep on that car. I bet it will be a hoot to drive. I am still trying to post the COPO, just having trouble getting it small enough to post.