01-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Anyone make patch plates for a 1st gen?

Phil

6'9"Witha69
01-26-2007, 09:11 AM
What are you trying to patch?

Rick Dorion
01-26-2007, 10:00 AM
If it's the typical body mount area, you can buy patches from places like Rick's. However, they're too much money, to me, and you can buy some 1/8" plate and easily make them.

6'9"Witha69
01-26-2007, 10:04 AM
If that is it $45 fixes all six attachment points.

69TAPoser
01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys, found them at Year One. I need to patch one of the rear mounting points.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

For $45.

Phil

Overkill
01-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know if someone makes the panels for the body? I've got to repair/replace the passenger side mount on the new project I'm working on. Someone in the past had cut it in half and covered it up with fiberglass.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/01/sibling068-1.jpg

Sorry to hijack, but seemed to go along with it...

bretcopsey
01-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys, found them at Year One. I need to patch one of the rear mounting points.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

For $45.

Phil

If it is just the area around the body mount hole that is bad, you may be able to get away with just using some large washers found at your local Ace hardware store. I picked up two washers with a center bore identical in size to the body bushing. The total diameter of the washer was about 3". They were less than $2.00 ea IIRC.

6'9"Witha69
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
If it is just the area around the body mount hole that is bad, you may be able to get away with just using some large washers found at your local Ace hardware store. I picked up two washers with a center bore identical in size to the body bushing. The total diameter of the washer was about 3". They were less than $2.00 ea IIRC.Problem with that is if you use them on top of the mounting point (which you would need to do the sandwich it and make it an effective solution) is that now you have to cinch down that bushing more and squish it so that the frame is level under the car. Cannot be done with solid mounts, a pain to do with Polys. I know from experience. If you don't front sheeetmetal starts to fit funny. Do it right and weld in a new plate.

my .02 from experience.

bretcopsey
01-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Problem with that is if you use them on top of the mounting point (which you would need to do the sandwich it and make it an effective solution) is that now you have to cinch down that bushing more and squish it so that the frame is level under the car. Cannot be done with solid mounts, a pain to do with Polys. I know from experience. If you don't front sheeetmetal starts to fit funny. Do it right and weld in a new plate.

my .02 from experience.

Sorry, I should have elaborated more. I cut out the bad area of the frame and welded in the washers. I had to grind the edges of the washer down to make in into an overall square shape because otherwise it overhung the edges of the frame. The washers were made of the same thickness steel as the frame. When all was said and done, the welds ground down etc, you can't tell it has been repaired.

6'9"Witha69
01-26-2007, 01:26 PM
OK, I thought you just sandwiched a bad area with washers. Just needed to clarify. Thanks.