PDA

View Full Version : Hoosier Pro Street Radials

Twin_Turbo
12-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Does anyone have some input on those tires? I have 13" wide 16" diameter rims on the rear and need a tire for them, unfortunately almost no one makes a tire in 16" that will fit my rims. The only ones I have found are the Hoosiers. I was wondering how they are when it comes to stability & traction, wet doesn't matter dry is of more importance. Wear is also a seconday concern. I'd like some input because I have to order them in the US and then have them shipped here, meaning when all is done they will have cost me over 500$ a tire and I don't want to blow that kind of money on a set of crappy tires.

Oh, and for those wondering why I didn't go w/ 17" or larger rims, I don't like them on a vette, they tend to look like wagon wheels, I like the somewhat vintage look (I don't have real flashy rims either)

Thanks,

Marck

TurboLark
12-01-2004, 09:29 PM
The only 2 sizes close to what you are looking for are 12" tread for a 10-12" wide wheel, or the 17" tread for 15-16" wide.
Whichever you decide, the Quicktime Pros are basically slicks with grooves. Not designed for regular driving with a very soft compound and flexible sidewall. They hook up great, and wear very poor(kind of the norm for race tires).

Twin_Turbo
12-02-2004, 05:30 AM
I'm looking at the pro streets, not the quick times pros. The pro steets are available in 31x16.50-16 and 29x15.50-16. I am not goin to drag race my car.