PDA

View Full Version : Road race pan baffling

Skip Fix
01-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Any of you all have pictures of baffling for non Pontiac pans? I've got multiple brand of Pontiac pans. I had bad results with the Milodon on hard braking. It does have 3 trap doors.As you can see the built in tray has no drain holes so the only drainage is in the back tight corner by the pump. Also that area is pretty small. The wide open area in front has no directional baffles or additional trap doors to direct it to the pump. Also any oil in the back can spill over into that front section since there is no tray covering it.

Enclosed is a Canton that I have so far had good results. It also has a removable tray alowing better cleanup. It has the pick up more centrally located with three trap doors around the pickup and directional baffles in front.Would like to add some changes in the Milodon so would like the look of other types.

Skip Fix
01-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Here are a couple of thoughts of moving the one trap door forward for a larger area around the pickup and adding a directional baffle. Then adding a larger tray but adding some additional drainage holes on the sides.

Skip Fix
01-31-2007, 02:42 PM
So no suggestions? Nobody got pics of their Chevy or Ford pans? I sure hope if you are pulling Gs you aren't using a stock pan for your bearings sake.

TonyHuntimer
02-01-2007, 09:33 AM
I have heard this is a good design but I don't have any proof. Basically it's a diamond shape around the pickup. I'm not sure what configuration the trap doors would be. I can't remember what manufacturer uses this design. It might be Stef's or the guys from drysump.com.

I'm not any help. I'll go now. :bsjerk:

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com