PDA

View Full Version : With a mini tub, how come only move in the rear?

CamaroJesse
01-23-2007, 01:07 PM
when mini tubbing a 1st gen camaro. How come you dont need to set the front of the spring in? it looks lik ea big tire would hit it if it doesnt get moved in.

thanks
Jesse

mdprovee
01-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Because the leaf springs are in this "/ \" araingement in stock form. The back is wider than the front. By moving the back in they become parallel " | |".

David Pozzi
01-23-2007, 08:29 PM
FYI, a second gen Camaro has the leaf springs set parellel.

73z-6sp
01-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Because the leaf springs are in this "/ \" araingement in stock form. The back is wider than the front. By moving the back in they become parallel " | |".

I didnt know that. I was wondering the same thing. So then if the 2nd gen is already parallel...how is the DSE mini tub for that model beneficial? I have a 71 that I am thinking about doing the DSE to and was wondering what to expect. I am planning to get their DVD on the mini tub so I hope it will answer a lot of these questions.

A thought I had was...I like the look of the deep wheel on the pro street cars and was wondering if there was a way to do that with the DSE mini tub. And also narrowing the rear end. So that is where I got confused on the leaf spring mounts. If the mount doesnt allow me to narrow the rear end, then I can get a deep wheel like I was wanting.

At BJ, there was a Chevelle that has something similar. It had some pretty deep wheels. I thought it looked cool but not sure if it is too much or not.

I took a pic but I cant find it at this time. I will post it later if anyone is interested.

29od1
01-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I think the 2nd Gen DSE mini tub KIT includes new spring pockets which relocate the front spring mount too.