PDA

View Full Version : weatherstriping

kman67rsss
12-01-2004, 12:43 PM
who makes the best repo weatherstrip. i see both classic and year one sell kits, but classic shows 2 types. one with repo flat chromw window run and one with orifinal style, is there a difference as far as sealing? is there a different brand/place alltogether that any one would suggest? thanks

dhardison
12-01-2004, 12:52 PM
My recomendation would be SoffSeal (http://www.soffseal.com/). I've had real good luck with their products.

Dan

ProdigyCustoms
12-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Use the round bead, the flat stuff is butt ugly.

kman67rsss
12-05-2004, 01:10 PM
when is the best time to install weatherstriping? after paint i assume, correct?

dhardison
12-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Yep, install it after the paint has cured. Also, weatherstriping is a lot like carpet, you need to let it sit out in the direct sun for 30-45min prior to installation. It makes the rubber much more pliable and workable.

Dan

kman67rsss
12-05-2004, 05:59 PM
ok, thanks

Flyboy
12-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Use the round bead, the flat stuff is butt ugly.
Ok, I need to hijack this thread briefly since Kman's question got answered already. :icon_razz

Any chance someone could provide pictures of the flat stuff and the round stuff? Unfortunately I don't know what the difference is and i'm curious to find out before I go and buy a weatherstrip kit for the 67. Thanks to anyone who can help!

:usa:

Jim Nilsen
12-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Unless things have changed in the last 1 1/2 yrs , the best way to go is with a mix of several companies products.

Metro makes the best fitting roofrail weatherstrip ,trunk w/strip and Soffseal makes the best door weatherstrip. Repops makes the best original looking window fuzzies/seals and the 1/4 window seals can be found with the metal stiffener in them from several suppliers that don't come to mind at this time and is recommended.

Things change all of the time in the quality of reproduction weatherstrip pieces.Talking to people and looking at their cars is the best way to see for yourself.

Jim Nilsen