PDA

View Full Version : AC in a Olds??

Jeff70
01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Hello all i dont post here very much but i have a few questions maybe someone can help me with, I have a 71 Cutlass conv. non AC car and i want to install a AC system but Vintage Air does not sell a kit for my car and this is something i would rather not install on my own, can anyone lead me in the right direction. Im in the Bay Area but im willing to take my car to So-Cal to get the job done right, I mean quality. Thanks Guys

KUL FIR CHICK N
01-23-2007, 04:50 AM
Vintage Air has a ton of dealers in CA, and quite a few that can do the job you need. I would recomend a gen 4 Magnum unit. Please call VA and talk to one of our sales team to get a good recomendation on a shop. You could also use our dealer locator. Try to find one who offers installation and assistance.

http://www.vintageair.com/dealers_mfr_state_search.asp?state=CA

Ryan

L n L
01-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Ryan,

Do you guys have brackets for Olds motors now? I picked up a never-installed VA kit for a GTO a few years ago, but will be putting it in my '72 Cutlass Convertible. The brackets for the Sanden compressor are for Pontiac motors, though.

thanks,
Lee

Rolling_Thunder
01-24-2007, 07:59 PM
vintage air... still dont see a kit that fits my car... figures... it being a mopar and all...

Jeff70
01-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the input i did find a guy in the Sacramento area that does AC installs and recently did one in a 442 convertible that i get to checkout this next weekend end.

KUL FIR CHICK N
01-26-2007, 05:16 AM
Thunder, I installed a Gen 4 Magnum in the '68 Charger we did at the '05 Sema Overhaulin. It fits very well. The Magnum and the gen 2 Supercooler both will install easily in your car.

Jeff, Good luck on your install and let me know if you need anything else.

Lee, We don't offer a bracket for the Olds, but we have a universal compressor cradle that most people start out with to fab up their own. It simplifies the process quite a bit.

MonzaRacer
03-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I would find an Abody with the controls that work then find car with same engine and convert it to R134A ,I did my 71 Monte Carlo and it worked awesome and all I did was replace the drier, and switch system oil and replaced a couple of hoses with Galaxy custom hoses with compression fitting hoses.
My second choice would be to simply make it a AAOT (automatic adjusting orifice tube system with a cycling switch).
Dont get me wrong the VA works but you can even use parts from them to build a custom setup I am free for any A/C questions if anyone needs them.
Lee Abel
AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

joeljet
03-14-2007, 07:39 AM
try classic auto air, hot rod air, old air one of them may have a system to fit

NOPANTS-68
03-21-2007, 10:28 AM
we are putting a V.A. kit in out 68 Cutlass this summer. March has a new serpentine drive setup for the Olds that is too trick to pass up. It mounts the PS pump, Sanden comp. and the alternator with one drive belt.