PDA

View Full Version : Pic size

73novaguy
11-30-2004, 10:09 PM
How do I make a picture smaller? I tried posting it on here to have someone resize it for my avatar but it said that it was to large to even post! Help????? Thanks guys!

73novaguy
11-30-2004, 10:21 PM
I have two of these and want them for my avatar to scan back and forth. kind of like what CamaroBoy uses! Any help would be appreciated. I went through and used MS paint to shrink them, but don't know if that helps any or not.

73novaguy
12-02-2004, 02:46 PM
C'mon guys! I know someone out there wants to help little ole me out! If it is an easy fix, let me know how to do it and I will give er a try! That way next time I know how to do it! Thanks guys!

derekf
12-02-2004, 06:41 PM
I can do the resize, but I can't do the animation.

73novaguy
12-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey Derek, that would be great if you could resize it for the avatar. Don't worry bout the animation yet! Just do the resizing if you could and maybe someone else will chime in here and help out with that! C'mon CamaroBoy I know you are out there! hahah The one of the car is prolly what I will use for the avatar as for now! And once you resize it, how do you set it as the avatar? Just click the resized pic for its URL address and then set it from there? Thanks Derek!

derekf
12-03-2004, 04:56 AM
Ok, I seem to have lied - I can do the animation.

If you can come up with a better pic of the Nova (better = larger and uncropped) I can do a better job - I had to add to the pic some to make it square.

73novaguy
12-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey Derek. The avatar looks great thanks much for doing it! I don't mind the strecthed out pic of the car so it will do as you have it! There is only one problem. When I click on my personal stuff, to use the "Custom Avatar" it doesn't let me do it. I went to what you had done for me and clicked on the properties for it and then copied the address and pasted it into the "Custom Avatar" address box and is still didn't work! Then when i go to click on "Save Changes" it resets my avatar back to "no avatar" Any ideas?

73novaguy
12-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Well anyone besides Derek? I hate to ask him to keep doing this all for me! Thanks guys!

TonyL
12-04-2004, 02:23 AM
the problem is with the file size. I tried it also and failed. my gif maker sucks. Im working on it. Camaroboy's av was reduced using his gif maker (adobe illustrator i think) making it the filesize needed. Im working on it. im close...
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

try those last two, whichever suits you best. they are 60x80 which helps a little with the file size.

73novaguy
12-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey Tony, Thanks a lot for doing that for me. It looks great! Now if I could just figure out how to post it so I can use it! I tried copying the address of the second two you did for me and posting them, but neither one worked. As son as i click on save changes it goes back to the default of "No avatar" Am I doing something wrong when i post the address! I just highlight alll of it from under the properties portion of the pic and then go and paste it in place of what they already have for whwen you use a custom avatar! Who would have thunk, this could be so challenging! hahahah Keep the suggestions commin guys!

TonyL
12-04-2004, 01:52 PM
save it to your hard drive. then upload it from there. our board doesnt allow hotlinking of avatars for some reason. it may take a loooong time to upload. this is normal. some of us (including myself) had to try more than once.

73novaguy
12-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks Tony!!!
It worked great saving it to the hard drive! Only took about 2 seconds! I owe ya one!

dennis68
12-04-2004, 07:14 PM
HIJACK!!!! I have some photoshopping type software, what do you guys use for the animation?

TonyL
12-04-2004, 11:55 PM
i use "easy gif animator" do a google search for free "gif" animators or creators and you'll get a whole list. mine gave me 30 evalutaions (30 times i could open and close the program) so its lasted me months and ive done dozens of images.

another is "fantamorph" . it lets you make morphing images for free.

derekf
12-05-2004, 05:53 PM
I used whatever the animation software with Paint Shop Pro was.

CAMAROBOY69
12-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Looks like I am a little too late for this topic. I use ulead gif animator.

zbugger
12-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Looks like I am a little too late for this topic.

You could say that again.............. slacker...... :spank2: