PDA

View Full Version : one piece and two piece blocks??

Way_Fast_Whitey
01-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey guys I've tried to do some searching and havent really came up woth the awnsers I'm looking for. I was wondering what the pros and cons were for using an old style two piece rear seal block 350 (which are getting hard to find) versus using a newer style one piece. I' thinking about building a 383 and have a chance to get a one piece block for cheap. Also what stroker kits are available?

JMarsa
01-18-2007, 06:32 PM
The one peice real main seal is less prone to leak and also offers slightly lower prices on crank kits.

--JMarsa

68sixspeed
01-18-2007, 06:57 PM
one piece does offer less leakage or chance of leaks; but there is a bigger selection of oil pans for the older 2pc construction, but it is getting better/easier to find deep/wide/special 1pc rear seal pans.

MonzaRacer
01-19-2007, 10:59 PM
yuo can also use the 1 piece to 2 piece adapter and swap in an older crank but I am on my second one piece 350, Its 355/4 bolt (have that to impress the yutzes who think 4 bolts give more horsepower haha) Federal Mogul flat top 2 eye brow pistons, speced rods with good bolts(pioneer 170,000psi) LT4 HOT roller, 202/160 SR Torquer heads, Holley tall Street Dominator intake and an older84017 ,4011 style 800 dp spread bore.
she has more torque than I can believe and I dot even have the 1.6 rockers on it yet (heads really dont need/use them) and as soon as I get my custom Throttle body finished its gonna have Megasquirt EFI with FlexFI conversion.
One thing is sonic check it if going 060 over as they are slightly thinner but have better core shift quality as far as i have seen.
good luck
Lee Abel