PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Extreme velocity carb hat?

WELTERRACER
01-16-2007, 05:58 PM
I am thinking about switching from my stock procharger carb bonnet to one of the trick looking Extreme velocity carb hats from superior airflow technology..

Is anyone using one, what kind of results have you had, and are they worth the money..

I am also looking to add a intercooler to my car..

Turbo Hen
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I use thier hat with my turbo system.

You'll really want to get rid of that Procharger hat as its much more restrictive than the Extreme Velocity or CSU hats. They have an O-ringed or NON O-ringed design, either will work.

Intercooler is definetly a good addition as well.

-Carm

shmoov69
01-16-2007, 08:48 PM
I have heard nothing but GOOD! Tell me how it goes!

67 caprice
01-22-2007, 01:42 PM
[quote=WELTERRACER]I am thinking about switching from my stock procharger carb bonnet to one of the trick looking Extreme velocity carb hats from superior airflow technology..

Is anyone using one, what kind of results have you had, and are they worth the money..

I have one and it's well worth the $$$

Thrillrr
01-23-2007, 04:06 AM
You should check out turbomustangs.com they have a lot of blow through guys on there, with vehicles other than fords. They should be able to answer any of the questions you have.

64duece
01-23-2007, 04:41 AM
If this is the standard one, not like the fying pan, and If you have the room, you can space it up 2". That'll get it right.

WELTERRACER
01-26-2007, 06:57 AM
I use thier hat with my turbo system.

You'll really want to get rid of that Procharger hat as its much more restrictive than the Extreme Velocity or CSU hats. They have an O-ringed or NON O-ringed design, either will work.

Intercooler is definetly a good addition as well.

-Carm

Thats pretty much what i thought... they claim i will make around 35 more hp and another 35lbs of torque..

DeltaT
01-28-2007, 01:13 AM
If this is the standard one, not like the fying pan, and If you have the room, you can space it up 2". That'll get it right.

Dennis, you're talking about the regular Procharger hat, right?

If so, do you have any numbers that show how a spacer helps powerwise?

Thanks,

Jim

Supervette
03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Im curious to hear more info!

Procharmo
03-28-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm running a low rise Procharger hat I've just ordered the EV hat. I'm also looking for carb spacers. Apparently as the boosted air turns a 90deg bend there is turbulance and uneven cylinder/manifold distribution. A baffle in the hat addresses this issue. The height attempts to straighten the flow prior to entering the carb. There is a site with some guys with a Procharged Doge Charger/Challenger experimenting with stock procharger, EV hat and thier own desigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDMkmknnUJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYAH0SLNADY&feature=related

The CSU version seems to be similar to the EV externally. The 7 second 1500bhp F3 Procharged 565 inch motor on the 1968 Camaro that won the Drag week competition uses the Steve Morrison Dominator version with inches of spacers/velocity stacks. I guess 3-4 inches of carb spacer would do the same thing. Don't for get to cut a hole in you hood!!!!!!!

malihoochie
04-08-2008, 05:38 PM
I really like my EV hat and the first plastic version made a 30ish HP difference on my car on the dyno. I now have an aluminum one and a different combination, I have not been to the dyno since the first time. A spacer helps the air have time to "adjust" after making the turn into the hat.

Procharmo
04-21-2008, 06:19 AM
So much horse power to gained from a few inches difference in air negotiating a corner (Carb hat). Please see my thread https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42500

and let me know if think an extra inch of total tubing diameter (3inch to 4 inch) from the head unit to the carb hat will net any gains.

In most cases there are two 90 deg bends at the intercooler. These would no longer be 3" elbows but now 3" to 4" elbow reducers. This must have an effect!!!!!!!! Same with the 3" supercharger outlet, it blows air into a 4" pipe as opposed to a 3". After all most folk upgrade their exhaust systems from 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" to 3" to 4" and so on for a reason. We know the effect of headers, carb spacers, air filters, heads, carb hats, intake manifolds etc so it would be nice to know what effect and how acute the effect would be if intake tubing diameter were increased?