PDA

View Full Version : Rare '69 impala?

speedfreak
01-16-2007, 10:00 AM
I just bought a '69 Impala ss427 convertible(pics in the newbie section)..and as far as i can see its all orig(one repaint) and all the nums and date codes match..what i wanna do next is try to authenticate this car..to see if its the real deal or a fake..ive run the vin and it is showing as a '69 2dr conv v8..i havent found a build sheet..yet...i still need to check a couple of places(behind dash,above gas tank)..but it is a St.Louis built car and from what ive read they are known for not having build sheets in them..and the body tag on the firewall doesnt list the option code(z24) that would signify the ss427 option..but i was told it wouldnt be there anyway..so my question is what do i do...ive tried contacting GM to see if they have any historical departments..but they just refered me to Classic Industries..the restoration company...any info would be great..im gonna try getting in contact with some impalla clubs if i can find one..ever search i do comes up with late model (94-94)impala clubs..thanks in advance

jy211
01-16-2007, 10:45 AM
check over at http://www.chevytalk.com/

They may be able to pint you in the right direction..