PDA

View Full Version : oil press. holes in block?

TheRoaringEagle
01-14-2007, 10:51 AM
hi, i'm installing my gauges, and the sender for oil press is too large to fit in the back near the distributer. are there any other mounting holes on the block? <-- newbie! thanks!

HILROD
01-14-2007, 11:06 AM
If this is a small block Chevy, there is, on some blocks, another fitting on the side by the oil filter. Just above and maybe a little foward. It is not on most older blocks. It is probably the same size though. I've never seen an oil presure sensor any bigger than the stock upper hole size though.

Turbo Hen
01-14-2007, 03:59 PM
You'll need to use a reducer on the hole behind the distributor then thread your sensor in there.

Your guage should come with the reducer, if not you can pick them up at any automotive store.

-Carm

TheRoaringEagle
01-14-2007, 07:09 PM
oh i'm sorry, bad english skills on my part. i meant that the actual sensor is too large to fit in place. the intake base is thick, (for vortec heads) and the HEI limits upper tolerances from using an extending thread.

the threads fit fine. just wanted to see if i could mount the sensor elsewhere. thanks!

Norwoodx55
01-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Can you use a 90* fitting to get it out of the way?

TheRoaringEagle
01-16-2007, 12:39 PM
the sensor is bulky and i don't want it to hit the firewall. i'm already thinking the hei will though. but i bought a steel braided kit from autometer and i'm gonna remote mount it. thanks for your help guys!