PDA

View Full Version : where can I get compreesor clutch for this setup??

72Z/28
01-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Hello guys..

The March Serpentine System had been installed on my car before I bought it. It was installed not too long ago. Yet, the freaking compressor clutch is slipping, and I think it is time to change it...

I have checked Serpentine System Website on the internet, and I could not find it.

I need to order one, but I don't know where to order it from..I have done some search on the their Website, but could not find one..I don't know if the pully with clutch are sold separately or I have to get the whole compressor.

Please need your support guys. Some of you might have run into the same problem..

Thanks

wayne70
01-13-2007, 11:28 AM
check in JEGS i have seen them in serp. belt in chrome or polished

72Z/28
01-13-2007, 01:16 PM
check in JEGS i have seen them in serp. belt in chrome or polished

Thanks for the info wayne70. I did find them in JEGS., I guess I need to check the type of the compressor I have in my car. I don't know if it is sanden 508 or something else.

Here is what I found...

thanks

LS6 Tommy
01-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Does that compressor use chassis ground or a separate ground wire? If it uses the chassis, try adding a ground wire to it. Sometimes you get a poor ground on the chassis grounded compressors and it makes it seem like the clutch is goin bad.

Tommy

72Z/28
01-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Does that compressor use chassis ground or a separate ground wire? If it uses the chassis, try adding a ground wire to it. Sometimes you get a poor ground on the chassis grounded compressors and it makes it seem like the clutch is goin bad.

Tommy

To be honest with you, I don't know, but I will check. Say it has a chassis ground, how can I add a ground wire to it?

Thanks Tommy

LS6 Tommy
02-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Just crimp ring terminals to a 10 ga piece of wire. Use terminals that are big enough to go under one of the compressor bolts on one end and small enough to fit under a firewall or fender screw on the other. Make sure where the terminals are there's no paint or coatings, just bare metal. You can even hook it directly to the "-" terminal of the battery.

Tommy

paul67
03-01-2007, 12:58 AM
I would check that the comp has not seized, as i found mine had remove belt and try and turn it.

LS6 Tommy
03-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I would check that the comp has not seized, as i found mine had remove belt and try and turn it.

Belt removal isn't needed. The pulley freewheels except when the clutch is engaged. With the engine and keys off, you should be able to turn the compressor by hand from the clutch. It isn't real easy, but it should turn.

Tommy