PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol injections placement?

whytry
01-11-2007, 09:27 AM
On my setup Procharged Carbbed 468 BBC, no Intercooler, where should I run the Devil's Own injection nozzles? I have gotten conflicting stories so far trying to figure it out on my own so I thought I would post it up.. I have been told as far away from the carb as possible so it has as much distance as possible to try to evenly distribute but after the Bypass valve, and then I have been told to put the nozzles in the carb hat right after the tubing connects from the procharger, and then I have been told to set run them as close to the base of the carb as possible with 1 nozzle in front and the other in rear for primary's/secondaries..... I am running the dual nozzle setup from Devils Own with Progressive controller.....

THX

camcojb
01-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I ran mine in the hat. On EFI I usually have it in the inlet tube right in front of the throttle body. You could also run under the carb but make sure it's centered in the plenum for even distribution. You will also need a solenoid if you mount it under the carb as the vacuum will siphon all the alky even with the system off.

I'd just run it in the hat myself.

Jody

Blown353
01-11-2007, 08:43 PM
When I was blowthrough I ran two nozzles in the hat. Worked great.

Running under the throttle plates requires solenoids to prevent manifold vacuum from sucking the reservoir dry, it's just another component that can fail and give you trouble. They work, but why add complexity and another failure point if you don't have to?

BTW Brad, I still haven't forgot about crimping your A/C hoses... just been very busy lately!

whytry
01-12-2007, 08:01 AM
THanks guys hat it is, now which part of the hat? Right after it connects from the tubing coming for the Procharger? Or closer to the bowls? THanks again guys!

Don't worry Troy, it's not done yet anyways. I am trying to get the A/C moutned this weekend..... Then I will be closer..... Maybe a trip to Tahoe we can get together or something.