PDA

View Full Version : Yet another noob with a TA

Phishfud
01-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Seems 2nd gen TA's are gettin popular over here. Mine is a 78, and was just a standard 400/auto with t-tops when I got it. It has a long way to go, but is in the middle of a total resto-mod, with everything, including the paint/body being done by me at my house. Car will be a Bandit clone, as I have always wanted a black one. As for the pro-touring part, it is a WS6 car, so the factory sway bars will stay, but upgraded to poly bushings. I have Hotchkis front and rear springs for it, along with a set of CE subframe connectors. I'll be using tubular upper control arms with solid bushings, and stock lowers with rubber bushings. I already have the Global West solid body mounts in, and it should get Bilsteins all around. Not sure on tire sizes yet, but it is now a 4 wheel disc car. I also did the 4 spd. conversion, but plan on a Tremec sometime in the future. Big plans eventually, but only after I finish my Chevelle, which will be a much better example of pro touring. Here is the car as it sits now, which is pretty dirty:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/01/0120-1.jpg

I hope to learn alot more while I am here, as I have a ton of work to do.

Terry

6'9"Witha69
01-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Looks good and you seem to be off to a good start. welcome to the site.

lawbreaker2
01-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Nice I see the sec. gen. T/A's are starting to kick some @$%:enguard: I have a few myself.:twothumbs

WhiteG240
01-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Looks nice. Post some pictures of your Chevelle is you can?

Bandit
01-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Welcome, can't have too many 2nd gens on the site! The more the merrier!

Phishfud
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I'd have to clean the Chevelle off before getting a pic. It's more of the "Shedvelle" right now, since the inside and trunk are full of TA parts, as well as a few fan shrouds on the roof. Pretty sad sight, really. I've been meaning to take the cover off and get some of the heavy dust off it, so that could be a good project over the next few days.

formula
01-09-2007, 01:51 PM
welcome welcome! good to have you aboard over here!

formulafr
01-10-2007, 12:44 PM
welcome! :naughty:

second gen firebird feel alone here, nice to see an other one.

JoshStratton
01-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey I know Terry! He's the guy I sold/delivered my 4 speed to. Welcome aboard bro! LOL I guess when TransAmCountry goes down for a few days, the kids will wonder.:poke:

When you do your TREMEC upgrade lemme know. I might want that 4 speed back :ssst:

I noticed on TACountry that you painted the car yourself. Did you end up getting a new compressor? I thought we were talking about that.

Phishfud
01-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Hey man, long time since I seen you around. Will be a while before I do a Tremec, but I'll put you at the top of the list shold the 4spd. ever go up for sale. Gonna run it in my car for at least a season, and we'll see what the whole setup feels like, and of course what the funds are. It's a shame I haven't been on here sooner, so I guess TAC going down was a plus in some ways. Now I'll have to split my time up a bit more:)

Terry

JoshStratton
01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah it's a great site with a lot of industry knowledge on-board. I think you will really like it here.