PDA

View Full Version : new project..'69 impala

speedfreak
01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
hey all havent posted in a while..kinda burnt out on all my projects..but its a new day and im back..just bought a 1969 Impala SS427 convertible.need resto but its almost totally solid..from Oklahoma..WAYYY better than most of the stuff you see up here in Mass...one owner,all orig num. matching and date code correct i couldnt believe it...apparently was the wifes car and she drove it up till the mid 80's when it got parked till the mid 90's when the quarter got hit and was moved inside a garage..so my question is do i restore it or do it up a little..i figure some drop spings a brake upgrade and some nice wheels just a cruiser..nothing that cant be put back to stock..any ideas??

samuel good
01-07-2007, 05:14 PM
damn ur lucky! if it was mine , i would go as far p/t as i could without altering the bones of the car , but whatever you decide 2 do keep the pix coming...

dhardison
01-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Congrats! The poor old girl has been "rode hard and put up wet" but at least she's complete. I've always had a thing for factory BB '67-'69 Imps/Caprices, and the fact that it's a 'vert makes it all the better.

If it were mine I'd give her a mild PT treatment, lower her a bit, install some nice wheels/tires, but definitely not cut it up. What a great cruise-mobile. I can't imagine there were too many 1969 convertible SS-427 Imps made. Can you tell that I'm jealous?? :drool:

hdesign
01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
My dad wrapped one exactly like that around a light pole on 128 in Peabody back in '71. Damn, I wish he could have passed it on to me. I love those things stock or with PT treatment!

There's a ton of stuff you can do to it that can be put back to stock later. Drop it, add some big brakes and wheels, throw some paint at it and have the top and interior replaced...good to go! That big boy's screaming for a 502!

novanutcase
01-07-2007, 06:56 PM
PT to the point that you can return it back to stock!

speedfreak
01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
hey you guys r reading my mind..im thinkin Pro-Cruising keep the body /interior mostly stock..upgrade the motor and suspension im thinkin air ride and some nice 22's..i always liked spoked rims..but thats down the road im gonna focus on just getting the body straightened out alittle and getting it roadworthy. i wanna cruise this summer..anyone wanna donate a 4l80e??lol

bnickel
01-14-2007, 01:42 AM
when i was in high school my dad had a 68 Imp 396 vert. when we went and picked it up the passenger 1/4 had been whacked and the 396 had been replaced with a 307 but it still had the rest of the original drivelinen including the original th400. he sold it while i was at my mom's for the summer, i'd been working 2 jobs all summer and had managed to save just about every dollar i earned that summer, almost 2500 bucks, unfortunately he never told me he was going to sell the car otherwise i'd have bought it from him, i just wish i could find the car, haven't seen it around town since.